Author Topic: Local multiplayer?  (Read 6315 times)

sylercider

Even though in the Xbox Marketplace it specifically says that RRU has local multiplayer/co-op, I can't find local multiplayer/co-op anywhere in the game.

So, does RRU have local multiplayer/co-op? I specifically bought the game for my 2 sons because of the stated multiplayer feature.

RacerBest

There is no splitscreen or any local multiplayer mode. Only 2-8 players online.  :(

The back cover of the PS3 game says: 1 player, 2-8 network players.

Phantasmonaut

Before i decided to buy RRU i checked the infos online (didn't find any info) and on XBL. The discription on XBL clearly sayed: Offline-Coop / Offline-vs / Online-Coop / Online-vs   -Gamemodes.
I'm not interested in onlinegaming; so i made clear the game has offline-multiplayer before i (pre-)ordered it.  I did't get the product that was advertised. What a letdown!
Don't get me wrong; it's a really great game. But MAIN REASON why i decided to buy this game instead of an other racing game was a LIE. No Real-Life-Account-Compatibility.

sylercider

Phantasmonaut, that's exactly why my son bought it, too. He hasn't played it since.

Why hasn't Bug Bear replied with a reason why it says there's local multiplayer on the XBOX Game Marketplace?

If they messed, I would AT LEAST like them to admit it.

Jukka Merikanto

Even though in the Xbox Marketplace it specifically says that RRU has local multiplayer/co-op, I can't find local multiplayer/co-op anywhere in the game.

So, does RRU have local multiplayer/co-op? I specifically bought the game for my 2 sons because of the stated multiplayer feature.

There's no local multiplayer or co-op in Ridge Racer Unbounded. We're investigating why there has been such information. As far as I'm aware that false information is only on XBox Live Marketplace. Not on Steam, PSN or retail boxes. We are sorry about this.
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

Joonas Laakso

Why hasn't Bug Bear replied with a reason why it says there's local multiplayer on the XBOX Game Marketplace?

If they messed, I would AT LEAST like them to admit it.

We're very sorry about this. The marketing text you see up on XBLA/PSN/Steam isn't something we can fix, it's all the publisher's domain. Most likely a case where temporary placeholder description was never verified from the final feature list. We've now asked them to correct the informatiom.

Sorry for the disappointment.