Author Topic: Please support "Headlong", my home-made racing game on Steam Greenlight!  (Read 5416 times)

psychicparrot

Thanks for your support guys!

The Greenlight link is no longer active.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:08:59 PM by psychicparrot »
Jeff W. Murray
@PsychicParrot

Twitter: https://twitter.com/psychicparrot
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/psychicparrot

Mopower

Not a bad looking game for being low budget. I must say that it does resemble a 16 bit flatout XD. Good work though, maybe for your next game you could try to make a realistic demolition derby game? I'm always willing to help/beta test that sort of thing

John Burning

Awesome!

psychicparrot

Thanks for the comments and for the support! I really appreciate it!

MoPower - I'd love to make a derby game. I'll need a 3d artist to make more detailed cars for the next game so that I can work on my damage system some more. Right now, the cars are all one block so I can't split off doors or panels to have them dent and drop off separately.. maybe next time? :)

Motoko

Why not !

Mopower

Thanks for the comments and for the support! I really appreciate it!

MoPower - I'd love to make a derby game. I'll need a 3d artist to make more detailed cars for the next game so that I can work on my damage system some more. Right now, the cars are all one block so I can't split off doors or panels to have them dent and drop off separately.. maybe next time? :)

Ah, I see. I must ask that if you do a derby game though, don't have it so that pieces fall off the cars though. In real derbies, the doors/fenders/hoods/trunk lids are all welded or bolted on. And the glass is already taken out of the car so you wouldn't have to worry about that either :) But getting the denting right would be good

RacerBest

Nice for game made by one man.
Gave it thumbs up and put it to favourites.

But.. I can't win races, the AI feels like cheating.. They seem to wait for me when I'm doing badly, and when I overtake them and drive great, they get some super speedboosts and catches me up quickly and ruins my race.

And why monstertruck race is street class?

69Imperial

But.. I can't win races, the AI feels like cheating.. They seem to wait for me when I'm doing badly, and when I overtake them and drive great, they get some super speedboosts and catches me up quickly and ruins my race.
Just like Flatout.  ;)
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

RacerBest

Noo.. In Flatout I win easily.

69Imperial

Noo.. In Flatout I win easily.
As do I, but if you screw up/perform lousy for a part of the race, you're SOL.
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

psychicparrot

Thanks for the comments guys!

RacerBest - great eye! I could have done with you when I was beta testing!! The class is wrong. It should say monster truck class. I'll fix it tomorrow and get a new build up.

I just added a couple of fixes that help the handling - just finished uploading - maybe you will do better now? Sorry you couldnt get a win out of it. If a lot of people say it's too hard I will stop the AI from boosting so much to bring down the difficulty a bit :)

There's also a Mac demo now - link is on the greenlight page, but I assume you guys are all PC?

I knew you guys would have some constructive feedback! Thank you!

Jukka Merikanto

Upvoted. Good luck with your project! I'll try the demo at home if it runs on my old macbook pro.
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

Tommi Tissari

You got my vote too!  8)

RacerBest

Just sayin'

When I saw that barn in the monstertruck track at the first time, I smashed to it's wall because I have played too much FO and I thought I could take a shortcut through it. Hahahah.  ;D

psychicparrot

If I ever raise enough to have a real 3d artist, I'll try to make sure ALL barns are crash-through-able!! XD

Jukka and Tommi... THANK YOU!!! You guys totally rock.