Author Topic: Unused prop discovery  (Read 7282 times)

69Imperial

I found some unused vehicle prop textures, check it out.
bigvan.dds-Ford Econoline passenger van, looks Flatout 2 quality, but I found it in the FO:UC texture folder for the city tracks.

deliverytruck.dds-Gruman LLV mailtruck, looks FO2 quality, Found in the texture folder for the city tracks.

rac_car_six(ironic name)-Chrysler Lebaron with Walmart El Cheapo hubcaps on it, looks FO2 quality. City tracks texture folder, again.

racingcartrucktwo_truck.dds-Was used in FO2, but here it looks like Bugbear redid it, but for some reason, the truck is nowhere to be found ingame.(In FO2 it was on Pinegrove 2)
http://i48.tinypic.com/51sm76.jpg
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:24:53 PM by 69Imperial »
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

69Imperial

Found another one-smalltrucktwo.dds. beat up 80's GMC/Chevrolet stakebed. Forest texture folder.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:59:00 AM by 69Imperial »
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

69Imperial

2 more:
bigtruckone.dds-Peterbilt, maybe Kenworth rig, Arena texture folder

carthreea-Crown Victoria, clean undamaged version found in the canal texture folder, only one that appears ingame is the damaged one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:58:10 AM by 69Imperial »

69Imperial

Found more-
golfcart.dds-Racing texture folder. Damn, these little buggers would have been fun to plow through.  :(

trailer_small_a-Only small trailer that isn't used ingame, b and c are. Fields texture folder.

69Imperial

Well, I checked Flatout 2's folders, and they're all there as well. So they're actually unused FO2 props.

69Imperial

Found a gyrocopter prop texture, obviously meant for the airfield track:

Also, found this.  :o

Other things I've found, FO1 red Speedevil texture(wtf?), FO1 Ford County Squire prop texture, FO1 red Ford LTD CV coupe prop texture, camping ground sign prop texture and a camping ground grill prop texture, even has food on it.
Also-why does nobody care? This is some (excuse my French) cool shit.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:29:31 AM by 69Imperial »

Jukka Merikanto

About that chicken.. At some point in development we might have had a small scale chicken farm business going on in the game with wooden cages filled with chickens. Dynamic chickens! ;)
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

RacerBest

We could have run over the chickens?  :)

69Imperial

About that chicken.. At some point in development we might have had a small scale chicken farm business going on in the game with wooden cages filled with chickens. Dynamic chickens! ;)

LOL!
When you plowed into the cages, did the chickens start trying to run away?
That would have been funny as hell.
Got any explanation/backstory for the vehicle props? ;D

69Imperial

Off topic, but someone forgot to lower this crate when they removed the forklift from that area in FO:UC.  :P
http://i46.tinypic.com/4l3o89.jpg
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:40:55 AM by 69Imperial »

Mopower

Off topic, but someone forgot to lower this crate when they removed the forklift from that area in FO:UC.  :P

Haha, I get it now. It took me a while, but that crate is just floating there
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

69Imperial

Haha, I get it now. It took me a while, but that crate is just floating there

Yep. In Flatout 2 there's a forklift there holding it up.

X

there's a suit of armor for the city map?  :o
And the only thing I can't find in that list is the red Speedevil.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:49:06 PM by ExxionNexxion »