Author Topic: FORUM UPDATE - PLEASE READ  (Read 20864 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

As you have noticed, we have a brand new look! There are still some minor issues, but we'll be working through them given some time. In case you have suggestions or encounter any issues, please let us know.

One cool new feature we have is the ability to display your Steam profile next to your username and avatar. To link your Steam profile, go to Profile > Forum Profile and input your Steam Profile ID in the corresponding input field. To get your Steam Profile ID, log in to Steam via browser and click on your name in the top bar to access your profile. If you then take a look at the address bar, you will see something like http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/13655112380813444656/home. Your profile ID is the long number sequence - simply copy it into the Steam Profile ID field, click Change Profile and you're good to go!

In other news, we also have a new image viewer that makes it very simple to share your images: simply paste the link into the post, select it and click the button in the toolbar labeled Insert Highslide thumbnail to insert the correct code snippet.

Paste the link, select it and click the button:

The result should then look something like this:

All done, and you're ready to post!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:12:00 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Katane

Ok good to know !  :D

crashkid3000

Nice to see that the forum gets overhauled! I really like the layout and (still) the color design, but with the much bigger width of the whole site, it makes more use of my screen and the site as itself lokks not anymore so squashed (though it wasn't so bad as written here, but now, it's even more comfortable). Really, guys: nice work!

(Enter Shibe-meme here. You kno, the one with "wow" "much ZZZ" and "such WASD" and so on.)

PS: What's the difference between the [img] code and the [hs] code (I didn't find a satisfying translation into my language yet)? Is the [hs] code "just" a normal diashow/slider where the pictures wish though the displaying unit or does it replace the [img width=] code?
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

Daystar

Concerning Steam ID: [/size]

This is strange, so I went to my Steam account, and it reports that I am User Ainsworth2005 which is part of my email name.
however when I launch NCG it says that I am Daystar7. I would much prefer that I am Daystar7 than Ainsworth2005.

And also why is it asking me to setup my Steam ID? I already have a Steam ID!?!?!?!

here is a screenshot...

Janne Suur-Näkki

Daystar
It would seem like you have a Steam account, but you haven't set up your Steam ID (those are different things). Try setting it up by clicking the link in the above screen.

crashkid3000
The difference between [img] and [hs] is that when you link an image with a [hs] tag a thumbnail of the image will be shown in the post that can be then viewed in full resolution by clicking it.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Mika Zeng

Daystar

Ainsworth2005 = your steam profile name,  you can change that whenever you want. Launch steam client (not browser), ->Settings->Friends tab

Daystar7 = Account name, that you cannot change.

Kamikave

Nice update. Just for the record, I prefered when the forum was orange. That's my favorite color. Ah well you can't have everything ;)
Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 Go
Sound Device : Creative SB X-Fi

Daystar

Daystar
It would seem like you have a Steam account, but you haven't set up your Steam ID (those are different things). Try setting it up by clicking the link in the above screen.

crashkid3000
The difference between [img] and [hs] is that when you link an image with a [hs] tag a thumbnail of the image will be shown in the post that can be then viewed in full resolution by clicking it.

Thanks for your help!
But I am not seeing the same type of url you posted to set into my BB account here...

will the displayed url I will show with my last screen shot work?
Sorry I am such a newbie with all this!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Hey Michael, didn't realize it was you ;-)

Not sure what's going on there, but your Steam ID is 76561198124205139.

Daystar

Hey Michael, didn't realize it was you ;-)

Not sure what's going on there, but your Steam ID is 76561198124205139.

Haha yes you also know me from Facebook  :D
I got it sorted out finally! just had to enter Daystar7 in the Steam ID field.. silly me!
Thanks for all your help Bud!

Heddly

I would like to suggest a YouTube toolbar button to add links to videos that play in the forum window like other sites do. FlatOutJoint.com had this feature until it was disabled for some reason. Would the extra used bandwidth be a problem?

I like the image viewer and Steam account additions a lot. Would it be possible to have a thumbs up button for members to like the post as an option to the reply button? When users quote a post and all they want to do is approve of the comment, usually with a +1 answer it would save a lot of time.

I think that a YouTube and Thumbs Up option would really streamline the user experience, it would be a quicker, smoother user friendly site.  8)

szutyi93

Now i can see who played the most whit this game :)  My 17 hours is nothing i know.

RacerBest

Nice features.

(testing the picture thing)

Antsaboy

I like the new look but when using tapatalk I can't see any pics when they are linked with the [hs] thing I just see the link

Sent from Huawei Ascend D1 Quad

Intel Core i5 4670K @4.0GHz / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost / 8 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / Logitech Driving Force GT

Wurzsag

At first glance this seems somehow cleaner and more stylish than the previous look. Of course it takes a while to get used to this new look but luckily not too much was changed. It's common for people to take changes negatively. Especially when people are used to the former look and are familiar with it. I have to admit my very first react was "Why the hell this site have been changed?!" :D

Don't know if my problem is included in some minor issues but when i'm browsing with smartphone some large pictures (Usmovers_02's signature for example) make the text in post go over the border on the right hand side. And as the background is pretty dark it's impossible to see black text on it. A screenshot of this would help but since the problem is kind of insignificant I don't want to give too much effort.

Also size of the text seems smaller in some parts of the forum. It may be a hallucination though. :d

*Edit: Oops. Didn't noticed this thread.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:50:57 PM by Wurzsag »
One of the greatest Finnish short documentary films I have seen: