Author Topic: We Have A New Home!  (Read 649 times)

sam223

Congrats again,hop in discord if you can at some point Janne. Quite a lot of questions in there, regarding some of the hinted suggestions in here.
Sorry for offing this topic, but can you share with me the link of the Discord server? The one that I found via the Search menu has expired.
https://discord.gg/vNfgNHB
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

TPEHAK

I'm so excited! Bugbear is gonna be golden goose for anyone who knows how to manage it. I actually was hoping Rockstar Games will buy them so they can implement this fantastic physics and collision model in GTA 6.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:54:31 AM by TPEHAK »
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

sam223

I'm so excited! Bugbear is gonna be golden goose for anyone who knows how to manage it. I actually was hoping Rockstar Games will buy them so they can implement this fantastic physics and collision model in GTA 6.
Lol you can dream. There was actually a petition started by the banger racing community long before wreckfest surfaced,it got well over 10k signatures just through word of mouth and ovalchat (UK banger forum) if i remember correctly. Asking Rockstar to make a banger racing game (Think GTA4,oval tracks,minus everything out of car), they declined and here we are ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:41:06 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Rowdy Burns

For years, you’ve been asking us the same thing over and again: when are you going to get back to your roots, and create another high-octane racing game that captures the spirit of over-the-top action and reckless driving of the legends of past?

Well, we heard you. Our next racing game is going to bring those unforgettable moments up to date, and the best part of it all is that we want to make it with YOU!

At Bugbear we’re all about putting you in the driver’s seat. That’s why our engine is simulating everything, to give you great feedback on what your car is doing. You’ll feel the little bumps on the track, the weight of your car when you swerve and curve – and you’ll most certainly feel it when you’re being dealt a solid track shot! Getting HURT has never felt this good!

I really hope you guys can keep your words with the future of the Wreckfest franchise and wish you all the best with the development!

Looking forward to the big console release.

Oh and bring UK Bangers to console... If you can't, then at least make a good short oval similar for in Wreckfest. Pleeeeease!!!

Merhunes Dagon

I am so happy for you BugBear, I hope your futur games (even Wreckfest) will be know as they should ! And I am so hype for all the new content and features coming into Wreckfest !
Your goal now is to make players who do not like racing games or aren't interested by them love your games !  8)

Phen248

I'm uncertain how I feel about this right now, but the presence of THQ has been beneficial thus far to say the least. They haven't been big on my radar aside from the remastered Baja: Edge of Control (good game), so I can't say much outside of the fact that so long as BB aren't owned by one of the unholy trinity of publishers (EA, Ubisoft, Activision), all's well with me.  :D
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

PsychOXRat

Just to voice my opinion on here and not just on the discord, I feel like THQ's acquisition of BB could have either no real impact on the games they can produce except for solid financial stability after how many years, or bugbear could be used to outsource vehicle physics to for other THQ games that require them instead of focusing on making their own games. I doubt the latter will happen, but with studio acquisitions, that becomes a real possibility.

As for the rest, I hope THQ keeps a more hands off approach to current and future game developments and Bugbear continues to listen to the community (and less of the "other players" that we've been unable to find). Wreckfest still has some fundamental issues driving players away, most notably in how multiplayer is handled, that really should have been fixed by now, especially for the long awaited and delayed console versions since mods won't be able to solve any of their issues.
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Caley19

Just to add some info and let you guys know THQ a litle bit better(for those who are not very familiar with our new home). From my experience and from what I saw in last years - they've helped a lot of older titles to come back on steam and even let their devs make and publish another game, awesome games like Gothic, Spellforce, The Guild 2, BAJA, Titan Quest, Neighbours From Hell, Legend of Kay and others I'm not familiar with(I've played all mentioned titles as a kid and I still come back to them sometimes).

As I said they helped some older studios to make and release another game - few examples:
Devs of Gothic 1,2,3 recently made ELEX well received rpg game,
devs of Spellforce 1,2 recently made a sequel Spellforce 3,
devs of The Guild 2 made a sequel too - The Guild 3,
BAJA got HD remaster,
Titan Quest got Aniversary Edition released on steam and it's on mobile too if I'm correct,
Darksiders 3 is releasing at the end of november,
and few other titles even if they were not very popular they were still awesome to play for hours. And of course I forgot to mention some new titles like Biomutant, This is the Police, Scarf, Generation Zero and others.

And this thing too - didn't seen any microtransactions in their games or any other type of P2W, mostly just dlcs. They like to make games in old style. They've got my respect for what they did in recent years even if they're not one of the biggest company out there.
Also known as John Blackhills.

Merhunes Dagon

Gothic 3, this game was so good, I pray for a real new gothic but it will never come...

Caley19

Gothic 3, this game was so good, I pray for a real new gothic but it will never come...

Sorry a litle bit off topic but actualy, there's a chance for another Gothic game since THQ Nordic now owns Gothic IP and also they're in touch with Piranha Bytes - devs who made Gothic games and as I said before they helped them release their new game called ELEX... which has been out for some months now, so... they might be working on another game right? I'm very interested what are they hiding in their studio ;) I think it's really up on devs if they want to make another Gothic game, I think THQ will like that idea since Gothic was such a popular title in it's days even if it wasn't doing well on release it's community is still active and patching Gothic's bugs to this day :)
Also known as John Blackhills.