Author Topic: BugBear?! Story behind the name  (Read 3029 times)

AltS7

Dear BugBear devs!
You have funny name and representative on yours logo. That representative doen't look like creepy creature from google pics. If it's not monster then maybe yours name is just combination of words that usually appears during hard developing process...
Anyway, open the curtain of this mystery & tell us about that cute sad guy

Tommi Tissari

I want to solve this mystery too  :o
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:56:39 PM by Tommi Tissari »
Retired Bugganeer!

John Burning

Yeah, yeah, tell us about it! :D

Joonas Laakso

The story goes that an encyclopedia was opened randomly and the word "Bugbear" was picked. As it also means kind of a "bogeyman", which further extends to something like a "ghost" in Finnish, the ghost like dude in the logo was born. You have one of our most senior level designers to thank for that.

We found it funny when we ended up working with Namco, considering that there is a certain likeness to Pac-Man's ghosts.

I've heard assumptions that there's a link to the classic D&D "bugbear" monster. As a Dungeon Master for over 20 years, nothing would please me more, but sadly that's not the case. :)

John Burning

The story goes that an encyclopedia was opened randomly and the word "Bugbear" was picked. As it also means kind of a "bogeyman", which further extends to something like a "ghost" in Finnish, the ghost like dude in the logo was born. You have one of our most senior level designers to thank for that.
Cool story! :D
Hey! How about make the smiles that will looks like Bugbear (logo) with emotions?
I hope you understood me. I'm talking about smiles like that:  :)

AltS7

Yeah, Cool story, Joonas. Now, when I know the truth he's looking much better as scary person  ;D
I've found friend for him at russian file-sharing site 'rghost'
@ John Burning
Perhaps you want something like this  ;)

John Burning

Yeah, Cool story, Joonas. Now, when I know the truth he's looking much better as scary person  ;D
I've found friend for him at russian file-sharing site 'rghost'
@ John Burning
Perhaps you want something like this  ;)

Cool! This pictures form old russian animated cartoon about the guy who living on the top on the building and he has the propeller on his back  :D
Cartoon of my childhood  :)

AltS7

In other words its Karlson-on-the-Roof by Astrid Lindgren  :)

John Burning

In other words its Karlson-on-the-Roof by Astrid Lindgren  :)
Yeah, that's it :D