Author Topic: Nitrous/boost  (Read 4264 times)

SneezyHydra

This game should definitely have boost. I had a blast using boost in Flatout 2.

JonasNL

I think nitrous is just a desperate last call for when you have screwed up. I never use it in Flatout because it spoiles the good racing game experience. I hope they scrap the idea entirely.

Purple44

I think nitrous is just a desperate last call for when you have screwed up. I never use it in Flatout because it spoiles the good racing game experience. I hope they scrap the idea entirely.

But without nitro, why risk taking a jump and have a bad landing?

When I join an online Flatout 2 host that has nitro turn off, I had to resist the urge to take jumps for some nitro!  :P And yes I will stick around for a no nitro race, just hope nobody using the nitro hack.
Flatout Joint, where the mods are.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

JonasNL

Uhh, because it's awesome...? Hello..  ;)

Mopower

Agreed. I hate nitro too. Plus it gives you like 100x traction which is just stupid...
Go Big or Go Home!

conso1727

I dislike nitro too, it doesn't fit the realistic-ish aspect Bugbear is giving to NCG.
In case it HAD to be implemented, though, I'd make it more like a small burst to increase acceleration for some seconds at the cost of reduced control over the car, rather than a Need-For-Speed styled nitrous
Jori-Senpai, pls notice me

Mopower

It should literally just be a horsepower increase for a few seconds, not a traction increase, and god-mode car control increase. Just a horsepower increase...
Go Big or Go Home!

Purple44

Ya mean like going for a barrel roll and see if you can land it?  :)

But if your serious about trying to win the race, player going avoid doing the jumps it there no nitro to gain.

Also without any nitro, why bother crashing through objects? And if objects get real world weight, like in Flatout 1, players will need to learn to "rub" objects to get nitro or risk getting their car slowed down if hit heavy object straight on. No plowing through the fence for nitro like in Flatout 2.

Objects were over done in UC, in my opinion.

Bugbear going have it tough pleasing "all" Flatout fans if NCG has only one setting. There the Flatout 1 type that want more realism, there the Flatout 2 type that want a fast Flatout with nitro and there the Ultimate Carnage type that want major destruction going on.

I got a foot  in two camps, Flatout 1 and 2.
Flatout Joint, where the mods are.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

JonasNL

Ya mean like going for a barrel roll and see if you can land it?  :)

But if your serious about trying to win the race, player going avoid doing the jumps it there no nitro to gain.

Also without any nitro, why bother crashing through objects? And if objects get real world weight, like in Flatout 1, players will need to learn to "rub" objects to get nitro or risk getting their car slowed down if hit heavy object straight on. No plowing through the fence for nitro like in Flatout 2.

Objects were over done in UC, in my opinion.

Bugbear going have it tough pleasing "all" Flatout fans if NCG has only one setting. There the Flatout 1 type that want more realism, there the Flatout 2 type that want a fast Flatout with nitro and there the Ultimate Carnage type that want major destruction going on.

That was very well said. I guess a setting for turning the nitro on and off isn't such a bad idea. Although, my feet are totally in the Flatout 1 camp.  :)

SpeedDevil

It could be awesome if you tuned your nitrous setup badly and blow your engine. But that would be too much for NCG, wouldn't really fit I think.

Mopower

The big problem here is that flatout 1 is easily played without nitro and is still enjoyable!! FO2 and FOUC without nitro felt like they were missing something... If you want to please all fans you have to make it fun without nitro too
Go Big or Go Home!

rblmstr

I wish multiplayer would have option for unlimited-nitro. Would be crazy-super-funtime  :-X

Survivor

I want major destruction and I want nitro because they just go hand in hand for me. FlatOut never was a full-on simulation, it was rather hollywood arcade with sim aspects. In a real race if you crash you lose, unless it's one of those sluggish destruction races on a dirt track with absolutely no sense of speed. But I want speed and I want to wreck things as much as possible.

However, since opinions seem to differ much about this topic, Bugbear would be well advised to just give us plenty of options for setting up multiplayer games.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:50:14 PM by Survivor »

Taxidriver

The people make the mistake over and over again and see a direct successor to Flatout in NCG. If it is not, however. Nevertheless, resemblances exist, one also notes that NCG wants to be an independent brand. It should be considered really well whether it nitro really need in NCG.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:13:31 PM by Taxidriver »
Sorry for bad english!

Adenru

When I join an online Flatout 2 host that has nitro turn off, I had to resist the urge to take jumps for some nitro!  :P And yes I will stick around for a no nitro race, just hope nobody using the nitro hack.
FlatOut 1 tracks have those tricky shortcuts where you have choice of taking a risk and win somea bit of seconds or going the "long way". Those jumps are not easy to perform so you don't see people using them instead of main track but when they are desparate they are willing to try it with conclusion varying from petty success to absolute misery.
The people make the mistake over and over again and see a direct successor to Flatout in NCG. If it is not, however. Nevertheless, resemblances exist, one also notes that NCG wants to be an independent brand. It should be considered really well whether it nitro really need in NCG.
Why's that? NCG is everything I expected from FlatOut 2 and even more.