Author Topic: Dev Update (Apr 4)  (Read 18918 times)

KingOfTheCakes

Edit: oops, sorry I misread the update. You're working on a sandpit TRACK, not a Derby arena. My bad.

I know this is an old shot from the kickstarter, but is the Derby sandpit going to be similar to this? Where it's just an area in a quarry with banks/ditches, or is it another stadium like in FO1? A DD with banks/ditches outside to push opponents into
would kick ass!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:14:05 AM by TractorFace »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Purple44

I know this is an old shot from the kickstarter, but is the Derby sandpit going to be similar to this? Where it's just an area in a quarry with banks/ditches, or is it another stadium like in FO1? A DD with banks/ditches outside would kick ass!

I like the idea of having a derby in an open quarry pit. Ground uneven, big potholes filled with water, some muddy patches. Maybe even a dirt brum to jump off of to hopefully land on somebody car.  :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tero

Very cool. Hoping to see some optimization improvements in the new update. The current build/update hurt my fps a bit and I am on the borderline of 30 (with 11 opponents).

Usually the optimization is the last thing we do in game development so I wouldn't have my hopes up in that regard, unfortunately. :-\

ETD

You know, you could give us the unfinished maps in the update as well, I wouldn't mind. As long as there is new stuff for me to race on! :D

We've been actually considering that too, and it might be possible later on.

That would be absolutely rad! We could maybe give you some feedback on the track layout before it's absolutely "set in stone", so to speak. Or at least I would.

Also, this:

Looks like it could be great fun as well. You know, the "we have no budget for this event so let's just have the people drive around in the dirt" type of derby.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 11:59:50 AM by ETD »
Waiting to upgrade to Team Bugbear member!

szutyi93

You know, you could give us the unfinished maps in the update as well, I wouldn't mind. As long as there is new stuff for me to race on! :D

We've been actually considering that too, and it might be possible later on.

That would be absolutely rad! We could maybe give you some feedback on the track layout before it's absolutely "set in stone", so to speak. Or at least I would.

+1
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:31:26 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

SynGamer

Very cool. Hoping to see some optimization improvements in the new update. The current build/update hurt my fps a bit and I am on the borderline of 30 (with 11 opponents).

Usually the optimization is the last thing we do in game development so I wouldn't have my hopes up in that regard, unfortunately. :-\

Understandable. I'll try each update of course, just hoping fps stays around 30. Thanks for the update :)

Shortcut

Thanks for the info bugbear ;) i missed you because i hadnt hear something from you. The behind the scene information is cool and the new derby arenas too but please dont forget to add action in the tracks like bumps mud holes( of course mud on the car;)), jumps, ramps and track splitting
Im glad to hear from the new soon coming update and i hope u stay healthy :P
Also good work with the crowd ;)

Kamikave

Indeed it's the same technique and it's rarely used nowadays except for foliage but it works pretty well in the crowds actually.

You're right. Don't bother too much with 3D crowd. It may looks great on close look, but when you're racing, you don't have the time to pay attention to them (if the AI / players are challenging enough). No need to go into deep details. Keep the computer ressources for the race itself ;)
Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 Go
Sound Device : Creative SB X-Fi

Dani

Looks very nice, glad to see some updates and new information on the game.
One thing though, when are we(are we?) going to see some tracks with big jumps, cool obstacles that take advantage of the physics and other stuff that brings in way more fun.
This far there are only some standard racing tracks, nothing really outstanding.

Sw1tchBACK-

mud mayem seems very very cool, i am waiting for this kind of tracks in NGC: mud, forest, and a lot of items to destroy like in FO1 !
I trust in NCG !

dbs213

Is it me or is it that the last concept art piece for the race track must be Road Atlanta?

Anyway, great work BB. Always happy to know that we'll be having new content :))
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

UsF

A wave of illness? I guess this is what you have to deal with as a
*puts on sunglasses*
Bearer of Bugs.

Edit: I hope you are all getting well again. :) Sorry about the joke.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:39:17 PM by UsF »

Speedevil

By the way, will the driver be animated? From the first screen it isn't, but I know it isn't finished yet.

gtfan67

Thanks for the update!

aventuum

I don't see how its hard to write up a few words every Friday saying you guys are on track (No pun intended) and still alive. Anyway, thanks for the updates that we do get, hopefully we see a release soon :)

This is gonna be fun at LAN parties, thanks guys!