Poll

Do you feel the way the cars handle after update #4 is...

Too easy with no assists, I like to be challenged!
31 (11.8%)
Just about right without assists, I drive like a boss.
106 (40.3%)
Difficult without any assists, something weird going on.
39 (14.8%)
Just right for me with some assists, I'm having fun.
72 (27.4%)
Too difficult even with assists!
15 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 261

Author Topic: THE GREAT HANDLING POLL TAKE #2  (Read 13520 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Since there's been quite a lot of challenges to the handling model since the Early Access launch, it's time to arrange a new poll.

Like before, feel free to give additional comments as well - if you do, remember to mention the controller and assists you use.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

sam223

PS3 pad - no assists,much better than previous version
Just need to remove rev limiter now so its faster to brake, rather than just change down to first gear on the bends and get no over-steer on fig 8
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:57:47 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

Skunkmeister

I use driving force GT and all assists off.
I find that the feel of driving is really good, but it should be a little harder to drift and use the handbrake around the corners without spinning out (especially on tarmac). I do like to drift (at the expense of speed of course) and it's good to not be punished too heavily for using too much throttle but just a little more challenge would be great.

That being said the focus of the game is smashing into other cars I think and I am finding it too easy to win. Harder AI is important so I don't spend too much time in front, the handling itself is most of the way there for me.

Mohasz

Logitech WingMan wheel here with no assists. I voted for "just about right" but don't ever make it any easier (with no assists at least).
Note: It's not strictly related to the handling but cars now accelerate too quickly I think.

Adenru

Just fine, but slow steering is bothering me.

Daystar

Just want to report that Keyboard control is working super again!

Tested with American Sedan at the Sandpit.

Assists:

Traction Controll: Full
Anti-Spin: Half
Braking: Half

Keras

I think it`s really awesome with a xbox 360 controller now. I can`t think of anything that would make it better.

Fisu

Handling is great.

Thank you for jump handling! Amateur jumps at gravel. Speed about 150km/h:
Lancia Stratos Huge Crash!

Ofcourse there is something to improve. Using Logitech Momo and I speak only about gravel surface.
- Left foot braking won't raise downforce peek enough. Also I don't feel anything at force feedback.
- Too much hp for multiplayer games :)
- Opening gas pedal in corner and car ain't start 4 wheel sliding enough.
- Can't feel too high gear shaking.
Historic Rally Trophy Finland 2014 winner (co-driver)

St. Jimmy

The braking has gone in the right direction. Now the car doesn't oversteer like hell when you brake and release it.
There's something about the handling that I can't get grip of especially if I upgrade the engine. Maybe bit too much fish tail so the car waves from left to right too fast or too easily. Maybe the fish tailing should be bit more progressive?
I'm using wheel and pedals with no assists.

You're heading in the right direction. Need to test more with keyboard and some assists but what I first tested with the keyboard the keyboard wheel assist felt very good.
Join WreckFest Discord server!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo
GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR (Forza) Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, great stuff. A few of you commented that the handling seems slightly too easy with no assists especially with the 300bhp engine, and since we had pretty much the same gut- feeling, we will most likely try and add more challenge in the future. The high-powered engine on the other hand would probably need a better suspension to tone down the fishtailing somewhat, it does seem fairly challenging as it is now to drive cleanly. It's actually pretty difficult to try to objectively evaluate what you have after some long hours of tweaking and testing...

But not to worry, if we decide to add more challenge we won't make it by artificial means and we will also try to make sure the assists remain an effective way of making the handling easier.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Keras

I don`t think it`s a problem if the handling with 300hp engine is easier. It`s supposed the be an engine for beginners isn`t it? That way handling starts out rather easy with the slow setup but once you start putting more power into it it gets harder to control.
Having said that I don`t actually know how easy it is with the 300hp engine right now. I use 500hp all the time :P

Fisu

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, great stuff. A few of you commented that the handling seems slightly too easy with no assists especially with the 300bhp engine, and since we had pretty much the same gut- feeling, we will most likely try and add more challenge in the future. The high-powered engine on the other hand would probably need a better suspension to tone down the fishtailing somewhat, it does seem fairly challenging as it is now to drive cleanly. It's actually pretty difficult to try to objectively evaluate what you have after some long hours of tweaking and testing...

But not to worry, if we decide to add more challenge we won't make it by artificial means and we will also try to make sure the assists remain an effective way of making the handling easier.

Actually real car is quite easy to drive at airfield surface. If there is more changes at surface. Some humbs, slippery areas or even damaging earthrocks. Could add more challenge to brains to choose fastest lines. Harder than real car handling is not fun for most players, I think.
Historic Rally Trophy Finland 2014 winner (co-driver)

Skunkmeister

Just wanted to add the after playing with keyboard and pad I think these are pretty much spot on, refer to my above comment for the wheel though.

palker

New handling is great. I could get times from before the 1st update if i could drive a bit better  :D

SunnyNewEngland

No assists, Xbox 360 gamepad.

This is a massive powerslide in the right direction. I can at last test out different tires, suspensions, and differentials; I can feel the differences among them, and race time results show it.
In my perception this opens the door to some of the possibilities of Street Rod gameplay.

NCG's not just playable now, it's showing depth. 

Hoping for more rumble feedback, more body roll. 

On a side note, I thought the easy rollovers in update #3 were fun, a kind of substitute for ragdolls. :D

Thanks for doing what you guys do.