Poll

Do you feel the way the cars handle after update #4 is...

Too easy with no assists, I like to be challenged!
32 (12.1%)
Just about right without assists, I drive like a boss.
107 (40.4%)
Difficult without any assists, something weird going on.
39 (14.7%)
Just right for me with some assists, I'm having fun.
72 (27.2%)
Too difficult even with assists!
15 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 263

Author Topic: THE GREAT HANDLING POLL TAKE #2  (Read 13824 times)

Fisu

Ok, retired Motorsport driver visited today and sayd: "How they made it so close of real?" Also gived some feedback while driving:
- Too less torque at low rpm in valiant. No matter what gear is in it will drift.
- 8½ (eurocar) has too less weight at back.
- Brakes is not 50/50 (too front weight now).

Highlights to the feedback:
Drived testing to friend with Valiant at 70's. Drived about hundred competitions with Fiat at 80's. Co-drived own category to 2nd at Jyväskylä suurajot 90's. etc.
Historic Rally Trophy Finland 2014 winner (co-driver)

Shortcut

I play with ps3 controller and i think the car is too much fishtailing without assists

Purple44

I don`t think it`s a problem if the handling with 300hp engine is easier. It`s supposed the be an engine for beginners isn`t it? That way handling starts out rather easy with the slow setup but once you start putting more power into it it gets harder to control.
Having said that I don`t actually know how easy it is with the 300hp engine right now. I use 500hp all the time :P

I agree with Keras, should not "stock" car with lower horse power, be less likely to spin the tries? You upgrade to 500hp to get the speed to win, but is more likely to spin the tires if not careful with the gas and don't have the right upgrades. I'm thinking about Euro car the most when it come to spinning the tires with upgraded engine.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

John Burning

It's OK for me, I'm getting enough challenge. Especially with 7-9 FPS X)

valala

Is there some sort of automatic braking active? The car locks up the front wheels when driving very slowly and then releasing the gas. In my opinion, the car should roll freely with only the engine braking. It also adds some challenge (fun) when you really need to brake enough when entering a corner.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, an automatic brake is applied when speed is close to nil to prevent the car from rolling slowly who knows where when the player has left the game idle.

We will improve the feature later on so as to make it less obtrusive.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

OperationJoe

Only bought the game a few days ago so I don't know what the old handling was like but I like the handling currently, I use a Xbox 360 steering wheel.

Although I feel like on automatic the cars could change gear a bit later.

Adenru

Only bought the game a few days ago so I don't know what the old handling was like but I like the handling currently, I use a Xbox 360 steering wheel.

Although I feel like on automatic the cars could change gear a bit later.
I feel like real automatic in my car does the same, can't say for all cars though.

Ozozer

I prefer to drive like a boss
 :D
WizardDuck, formerly known as Ozozer in steam. If you want to play some cs:go, feel free to invite me or be invited by me :P (Back again bitches)

KingOfTheCakes

I voted: Just about right.

However, if there's one thing that's still bugging me it's that the cars still feel a little too light. Especially when you're pitting the AI, you don't have to even try with them. No weight resistance.

Edit: I drive with no Assists. Generally go with Manuel as well... Like a Boss! :P
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:06:47 AM by TractorFace »
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Adenru

However, if there's one thing that's still bugging me it's that the cars still feel a little too light. Especially when you're pitting the AI, you don't have to even try with them. No resistance.
They fixed the horribly light AI cars but I'm not sure weight ratio is now 1:1.
That was done on purpose although I totally do disagree.

KazzyMac

However, if there's one thing that's still bugging me it's that the cars still feel a little too light. Especially when you're pitting the AI, you don't have to even try with them. No resistance.
They fixed the horribly light AI cars but I'm not sure weight ratio is now 1:1.
That was done on purpose although I totally do disagree.
It's probably why most people find the game too easy right now; the AI are too easy to push around in races. They seem to have more weight to them in derby though, which is fine for that. They need more of a 'presence' in races.

Ontopic: I use a pad so I drive with ABS on and anti-spin on half or full (depending on car). The last update made the cars much more drivable though so I'm contemplating taking anti-spin off altogether. The stock cars are very easy to drive with those assists, they have just about the right amount of difficulty to them for being low-class cars. I haven't driven the upgraded-engine versions in a while because IMO I find it boring (the AI don't use those engines so winning becomes a case of not-crashing..)

Don't get me wrong; I say they're 'easy to drive' but that doesn't mean I don't make mistakes or find some challenge to it. No. I'm still spinning the wheels and having to wrestle the car and plenty of times I overshoot corners and crash off. That's good. It's just because I've gotten some experience with the class 2 cars so I know how they act, not necessarily because they drive like they're on rails (they don't - they slide everywhere, and controlling those slides is a thing of beauty).

Class 3 cars are probably still a handful, therefore. Haven't checked, but it's an assumption. I don't think you guys need to change the handling of the class 2 cars, but should probably start considering how easy/challenging the class 3 cars should be to drive.

What matters though is that the cars are fun to drive. :)
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Ozozer

Handling is great.

Thank you for jump handling! Amateur jumps at gravel. Speed about 150km/h: Lancia Stratos Huge Crash!

Ofcourse there is something to improve. Using Logitech Momo and I speak only about gravel surface.
- Left foot braking won't raise downforce peek enough. Also I don't feel anything at force feedback.
- Too much hp for multiplayer games :)
- Opening gas pedal in corner and car ain't start 4 wheel sliding enough.
- Can't feel too high gear shaking.

Oh no! A beautiful Stratos got destroyed  :'(
WizardDuck, formerly known as Ozozer in steam. If you want to play some cs:go, feel free to invite me or be invited by me :P (Back again bitches)

Pekonilkki

I haven't read the change logs,  but after playing a couple of hours I got a feeling that something was different. The game's just a lot more enjoyable now than it was before. I can't really specify what has changed, but whatever it is, I'm loving it, A LOT.

I'm using keyboard and I have all the assists turned on, and driving feels so good and easy. Maybe even too easy...? But hey, isn't that why the assists exist, to help the crappy drivers like me win races  :D   I still need to test out how the driving feels with assists off.
I'm a tongue in cheek kinda guy. Keep that in mind when reading my comments.

also sory from my bad enlish i dont speek it rely goodly

Shivaxi

The handling is definitely nice and easy when you have all the assists active.  Can even race extremely well with a keyboard.  With no assists it feels a bit more real, but still feels a bit too "arcadey" I suppose.  The way I imagine it, having all the assists active should give you a more arcade easy feel for driving, and all assists off should give you a much more realistic simulator feel for driving.  The arcade feel is there with all assists on, but the simulator feel is not quite there yet with all assists off.

I'd also like to point out that something seems to have been done to the weight of the vehicles which perhaps has changed the handling.  I'm not sure what you changed, but now the vehicles act very similar to the Flatout games, where the cars seems extremely bottom heavy for no reason, causing the car to 90% of the time always roll back into its wheels magically, if you happen to flip over or onto your side.  This is something that bugged me about the Flatout games because it made the cars feel less realistic in terms of handling.  This is a bit strange, seeing as how in the tech demo, the cars feel much more properly weighted correctly, and it was even one of the Little Things I pointed out in my video about NCG, where I showed that if you flipped over, you would most likely end up staying on your roof or on your side, which was more realistic.  Sadly this has changed, and I personally would hope and like to see the weight balance changed back to how it was in the tech demo to give a more realistic (and more fun for me anyway) feel of handling and such.