Poll

Do you feel the way the cars handle after update #4 is...

Too easy with no assists, I like to be challenged!
32 (12%)
Just about right without assists, I drive like a boss.
107 (40.2%)
Difficult without any assists, something weird going on.
40 (15%)
Just right for me with some assists, I'm having fun.
72 (27.1%)
Too difficult even with assists!
15 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 264

Author Topic: THE GREAT HANDLING POLL TAKE #2  (Read 14561 times)

err

main problem is that steering is too slow with gamepad atleast with rumblepad 2.
Example with keyboard steering is 2 times faster. So there is too much understeer when trying to drive with pad.

Usmovers_02

360 controller. I'm really happy with the direction the handling is taking. It could launch like this and I wouldn't be at all disappointed though I'm still hoping to see some tweaks to car to car interactions. I'm still too afraid to make contact with just about anything.

Adenru

Decided to play with full assists for coparison. I want to say the contols are very, very easy this way, definately easier than FlatOut, probably even easier than FlatOut 2, I had zero struggle with car, AI was no match to me at all.

Also it was booooring.

Usmovers_02

Assists should make the car slower, not faster. I haven't tested the game with assists but I do hope I'm not penalized for not using them with worse lap times.

kruleworld

I like the handling for the most part. i'd prefer the 'used tires' would give better turn-in to compensate for it's lack of grip compared to the race tires (rather than just smoking up and going straight on).
He's dusted, busted and disgusted, but he's ok.
Windows 8.1, Asus Z87-GD65, intel-i7-4770k, GTX770, 16GB

Khwaja

Hey,

I feel that the Class III car's shifting is very strange : the needle never go in the red part of the speedometer. Is this normal ?
I adjusted Shifting on Automatic, but it does the same thing in manual.

deadmoroz14

Hey,

I feel that the Class III car's shifting is very strange : the needle never go in the red part of the speedometer. Is this normal ?
I adjusted Shifting on Automatic, but it does the same thing in manual.
Don't get curious about it. RPM indicator is unified (one for all cars), that's why you don't hit red zone on class 3 car

Speaking on topic: at first I voted for "just about right", but after spending some time in game I want the handling to be closer to the first build, so now I vote for the first poll option.
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

latexi95

Car handling on tarmac is great but handling on gravel could be improved. In my opinion difference between static and kinetic friction is too sharp. Change of the coefficient of the friction shouldn't be so instant and sharp like on tarmac.
Force-feedback could also give a bit better touch to friction. It's really hard to know the limits before it's too late.

dbs213

Keyboard handling is smoother now, no need to pitter patter with the steering on straights. I'm having a lot of fun 8)
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Ak1504

I think its time for a new poll ? But the question is: is the current handling like they want it to be or is something broken while they changed to the new engine ?
Intel i7-4770K - Corsair H100i - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - 16 GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-2400Mhz -
EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC - BeQuiet L8 CM 630 - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB -
WD Caviar Green 1500GB - Zalman MS 800 Plus - Roccat Isku - Roccat Kone XTD - Fanatec CSR

Daystar

Keyboard handling is smoother now, no need to pitter patter with the steering on straights. I'm having a lot of fun 8)

But still cannot turn sharp!!!

deadmoroz14

I think its time for a new poll ? But the question is: is the current handling like they want it to be or is something broken while they changed to the new engine ?
I think it is now in a broken condition. If I'm not mistaken, one dev said that currently it has some problems with weight distribution. So it is way not final
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Majatek

If I could vote for the recent update, I'd say "Difficult without any assists, something weird going on."
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Usmovers_02

Ditto

SAZBxD

I pretty much like the challenge it gives me with full assists, but without them is difficult to turn because i end up losing control and then getting hit by the AI.
But i actually like the way it's going! 
Keep it up!  :D
I'm in a box....