Poll

Do you feel the way the cars handle after update #4 is...

Too easy with no assists, I like to be challenged!
33 (12.2%)
Just about right without assists, I drive like a boss.
109 (40.4%)
Difficult without any assists, something weird going on.
40 (14.8%)
Just right for me with some assists, I'm having fun.
72 (26.7%)
Too difficult even with assists!
16 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 267

Author Topic: THE GREAT HANDLING POLL TAKE #2  (Read 24567 times)

St. Jimmy

If I could vote for the recent update, I'd say "Difficult without any assists, something weird going on."
Same here with the European car.

Need to wait for more updates with the new engine. I can feel that there's some cool improvement but it's bit broken at the moment so it feels weird.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Husa

Tried the newest patch today and it's so far the worst. So arcade that you can't go by the feel anymore. The previous version was better IMO, and drivable, yet hard with keyboard. Now it's so weird that I don't care to play. Feels like UC/Flatout 2. I didn't bother to test this version with wheel, but pad+kb = not impressed :(

The more sim-like approaches were better, the game wasn't a sim but you could still drive with logic. Then again I've been a simracer for the last ~20 years so I'm biased, but this the second time that I bothered to comment, so it's really bad for me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:45:53 PM by Husa »

Rivvern

I agree. Tried it today with my G25 wheel. No feeling for the road whatsoever. The steering feels alot more digital now and its not possible to powerslide at all.
No fun. With the current handling i dont think i will play the game at all.

I think the first patches was much better for us wheel users. I really hope you change the driving to a bit more sim-like feel.
An arcade game with simulator handling is a better word for it.

Sasek

Didn't play for a while. Now tested the game with new patch. What happened to driving physics? Now it feels more arcadish. Jumps are strange, suspension very hard. Driving was fluid now it's like NFS... Previously I take more fun from racing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:13:02 PM by Sasek »

St. Jimmy

European car = very unrealistic handling and feeling, almost undrivable. There's no one thing that is off but the whole driving physics are awful on that car. When it understeers it's like a trying to turn a train and when it oversteers it goes sideways like a Japanese drifter but the thing in that oversteer is that it still doesn't turn but it just gets pushed out. There's no sweetspot in the driving and it changes between those two.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:33:29 PM by St. Jimmy »
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

petrikorpela

Xbox controller, i use to drive without any assist, but now it feels a bit too arcade and weightless without any assist. Before it felt much more ralistic and i loved it. I hoped that this new handling was just a phase, because now i don't enjoy playing it for it's "arcadenes". Is there any possibilty for an option for the "old handling"?
Somehow in the old one you felt what was going on and how the car handles, now you "just play car game".
I hope i'm not only one feeling this way..

Binston

Oh shoot. I must suck. I never finish first after the last few updates. Never first!  Xbox controller for me through USB.

Binston

To much fish tail for me too though. Also,  I noticed if I drive regular I can wreck out from damage but if I drive against traffic I can get in head on collisions, lose a front wheel and still be in the orange range in damage. I am stuck in an undrivable car and forced to restart the race.  I did this 4 times in a row to test last night.

Iwasawa

Its ok for me but still feel some kind of strange going on sometimes. Im mostly playing the american muscle and sometimes its just having a huge understeer and i think its still hard to countersteer. I would like to see more traction on the front wheels a bit but thats all.

Daystar

Same here Iwasawa! some days my control is real good with the American Sedan, and then other game sessions... seems like the car is harder to control! very odd. I cannot pinpoint what could possibly causing this either.

Frisker

It's been bit over a week.. or two weeks since I played last time, but I just wanna say this in the official handling topic. I currently don't like the handling, it doesn't work with keyboard the way it used to be. For one, I don't like using all assists at full setting, full TC for example kills it for me. I'd rather have ABS on half and maybe bit of stability control, but traction control needs to be off atleast, but currently I've got to have them all maxed out if I desire to stay on the road.
Imo the last update was pretty spot on, there I could drive like a boss with KB, but it wasn't too easy. I like to learn to drive my car, and then I need to manage it to stay on the road, but 100% of the race shouldn't be focusing on keeping the ride on the road and spinning 90 times in the race :D

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

general lee

Just got the game on steam,dont know what the handling was like before but at the moment the cars just feel way too stiff.These are big old muscle cars they should be rolling and bouncing all over the place,hope it gets changed as the game looks like it could be great  :)

gcarrell2

Steering response is the main factor to my vote. Even with race suspension on tarmac it still feels very unresponsive (x360 controller) like there is a steering assist that interferes with driver input

j.krahn

I really enjoy the new handling. It was a bit too crazy before. Now it is super challenging without assists (normally I drive without any), but found that I've needed to start with them on half. That being said, its exactly as I'd like it, very realistic. Like in real life, it takes time to get really good at skillful driving and if you are losing traction, keeping full throttle on and just turning into the slide won't correct it, you gotta left off the gas for a bit which I like a lot. Real props to it, the previous release had far too laggy difficult handling so this was a massive step up since the engine rebuild :)

dt1oskar

I dont like the new way the cars handle.. it old way was way better! can you pleace bring it back? also the new engine does not look good on tracks like sandpit.