Author Topic: Please, make more than 5 colors for each car!  (Read 3481 times)

John Burning

Hi all!
I think that 5 colors for car isn't cool now.
How about make it more variational and different? Or even make it personal that mens "paint shop"?
I really hope to see something like that in the game.

Mopower

Yes, being able to paint your car with custom style would be cool. Even if it's not that expansive, being able to use a wide variety of colors and few different markings/styles such as stripes, shark teeth, flames etc... Would be neat

Purple44

Yes I would very much like some kind of paint shop to customize the cars. It a nice feature to have. It does not have to be as fancy as the nice paintshop in Test Drive unlimited 2, but would like to pick the color for my car.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

DavidF

Even if the designers did not want to implement a paint shop feature into the core of the game, they could easily develop a system that would allow you to adjust the color(s) of the car to your specific want in an RGB Circle. It's typically used now-a-days so it shouldn't be hard to do.

SmashBiggie

Custom emblems, shapes, different paintjobs in NCG. Me want!

Speedevil

Some pre-made paint schemes with changeable colors could be good too.  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:01:17 PM by Speedevil »

Wizard

Custom emblems, shapes, different paintjobs in NCG. Me want!
Yeap! Agree, i also want possibility to choose car color in RGB palette.

AndrewT

i think that 5 stock variants is more than enough, but reserving more slots to fill up would be a nice feature for modders. so like the vanilla game ends with skin5.dds, but if we place a skin13.dds into the folder, the game would recognize it (client side only).

Purple44

i think that 5 stock variants is more than enough, but reserving more slots to fill up would be a nice feature for modders. so like the vanilla game ends with skin5.dds, but if we place a skin13.dds into the folder, the game would recognize it (client side only).

We added two skin slots ( skin6 and skin7 ) to Flatout 1 with the FOv3 mod. You could add 2 extra skins per car and still keep the stock skins. If pick car skin 6 or 7 and did not have a custom skin, car skin was a white one. We did this so game would not crash if you did not have a custom skin, in the extra slots.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:18:01 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

AndrewT

i'm aware of that, it was a nice feature. i just would have liked to put an emphasis on high moddability, which i believe was reduced for ultimate carnage, and should not be the way for NCG

Mopower

I would rather have a simple paint shop than having a couple of different colors.

Flatout2Hero

I would LOVE to be able to customize your car as much as in NFS underground, with tonnes of different symbols and emblems.

KingOfTheCakes

This sort of thing isn't high priority for me, but I guess if we had several different patterns/numbers instead of just color swaps for each vehicle that would suit me fine.

:}
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

X

Only thing I want if they do a custom shop is maybe add a few stock schemes, because I like the awesome paint jobs but do a horrid job crafting one of my own.

dbs213

I'd say a paint shop like that of TrackMania's would be good enough for me.
But if it isn't possible, maybe preset vinyl sets (just like Grid) with changeable colors would cut it as well.

Any of the two should keep me sold.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)