Author Topic: Introductions are in order  (Read 3290 times)

Jori Virtanen

Hey there!

My name's Jori  Virtanen, and I'm the newest Bugbear recruit. You'll be seeing my name a lot, as it is my honor to be both a game designer and a community manager. It is a wonderful marriage of duties, as I get to both create cool stuff but can also ask openly if what I/we do sucks or rocks. That's why I'm absolutely joyous to see how full these forums are of smart people with beautiful and wonderful ideas, and a genuine drive to see our game be as good as it can be. ("Genuine drive" towards a car game. Hurr hurr hurr. See what I did there?)

Besides being an employee of BB, I'm also a big fan of geek culture (esp. good and complex stories of quality TV series), an avid omniconsumer of video, board and role playing games, I totally love beer, and there's rarely a moment when music doesn't play a big part in my life. I love life, I love people, I'm never bored, and my biggest nemesis is the minuscule amount of hours per day. I also crack a lot of jokes, and I find some weird enjoyment from being a wiseass ;)

If you ever want to pitch an idea, tell me something directly, talk about stuff in general or just share some thoughts, you know where to find me.
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

Jori Virtanen

Oh, and I have mad photoshop skills. Check out my avatar -- see how the moustaches aren't identical? Yeah, that's me after toiling a good 20 minutes on MS Paint. That's how totally awesome I am.

Purple44

Oh, and I have mad photoshop skills. Check out my avatar -- see how the moustaches aren't identical? Yeah, that's me after toiling a good 20 minutes on MS Paint. That's how totally awesome I am.

LOL 

Welcome aboard.  :D

The community love anytime a Bugbear Dev spends some time posting in the forum. It tough waiting for the next Build to get release, but we want Bugbear to take the time they need to get next build ready. So a word or 2, here and there from Bugbear, helps with the waiting.  :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Lari Fari

Now thats dev-time put to awesome use! :D

Could you give us a couple lines on what you are working on currently (inbetween creating awesome avatars)? ;-) And could you give us a little teaser of your work and how we will see it in the coming updates (For example a little screenshot of whatever you are busy with atm)?

Much appreciated! :-)

Cheers! Lari

(Edit) P.S.: Under your avater it says "developer" twice. Instead of "developer" and "community moderator".
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:29:57 PM by Lari Fari »
Gaming Since 1989

Daystar

Nice to meet you here in the forums Jori! lol just had to!

Jori Virtanen

Could you give us a couple lines on what you are working on currently (inbetween creating awesome avatars)? ;-)

A pic of what I'm working on? Sure!

More seriously, I'm doing a few things right now. I can't really go into that much detail, unfortunately, partly because we want to keep a few things under wraps before we can roll 'em out and go "ta-DAH!", but also because I just got here and I don't know yet e.g. where the hidden beer is :)

But, let's just say that I'm playing close attention to what all y'all are saying here, and what your wishes and wants are. Even if we can't deliver everything we, too, find extremely cool, you are and will be heard.

Adenru

Let's hope moustaches won't become pouches under the eyes.
Now you won't unsee.
:evil:

Lari Fari

Ok cool :)

Looking forward to those coming "ta-DAH!"-moments! :-)
Gaming Since 1989

Saint Jimmy

Hey! Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself! As for the music part, I hope you will underline the importance of a good soundtrack or a plugin for everybody's own music!
Are you joining Bugbear from now on (i.e. did we back for you being employed? ;D ) or have you already been part of the dev team before?

My NCG: WRECKFEST cinematic montage:
https://youtu.be/0IL6iJLmIv4

PC Specs:
Asus M5A78L LE // AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 6x3,2Ghz // Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB // Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single RAM // Windows 7 HP 64bit

Jori Virtanen

Are you joining Bugbear from now on (i.e. did we back for you being employed? ;D ) or have you already been part of the dev team before?

No, I haven't been a part of BB before now, which means I'm a total newbie in the team, so, uh,... yeah, I guess you kinda did back for me getting employed, which makes it your money that's paying my rent, so... Hey, thanks, real nice of you! :D

Saint Jimmy

No, I haven't been a part of BB before now, which means I'm a total newbie in the team, so, uh,... yeah, I guess you kinda did back for me getting employed, which makes it your money that's paying my rent, so... Hey, thanks, real nice of you! :D
Alright, cool! Of course what I said is way too basic and was more of a joke. :) It's what makes this project so awesome, it's a win-win-situation and even we future players can take part.
Have a good time, Mr Mustache-Man.
My NCG: WRECKFEST cinematic montage:
https://youtu.be/0IL6iJLmIv4

PC Specs:
Asus M5A78L LE // AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 6x3,2Ghz // Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB // Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single RAM // Windows 7 HP 64bit

creamofpayne

Welcome Jori! Glad to have you aboard and I look forward to hearing what your mustache has to say in the future!

Majatek

Welcome to Bugbear Entertainment, and subsequently the community, Jori!

Looking forward to chatting it up and just generally having a good time. You can take that as you will. ;D
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

sewer56lol

Could you give us a couple lines on what you are working on currently (inbetween creating awesome avatars)? ;-)

A pic of what I'm working on? Sure!

More seriously, I'm doing a few things right now. I can't really go into that much detail, unfortunately, partly because we want to keep a few things under wraps before we can roll 'em out and go "ta-DAH!", but also because I just got here and I don't know yet e.g. where the hidden beer is :)

But, let's just say that I'm playing close attention to what all y'all are saying here, and what your wishes and wants are. Even if we can't deliver everything we, too, find extremely cool, you are and will be heard.

Watch out... The moustache themed car might become soon a reality in NCG...