Poll

What was your favorite environment in Flatout series?

Forest
121 (20.2%)
Sandpit
22 (3.7%)
Fields
31 (5.2%)
Town
26 (4.3%)
City
51 (8.5%)
Canals
66 (11%)
Desert
31 (5.2%)
Race circuits
49 (8.2%)
Derby arenas
56 (9.4%)
Winter forest
105 (17.6%)
Bonus tracks
40 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 596

Author Topic: POLL: Favorite environment  (Read 9449 times)

Jukka Merikanto

Time for another poll. What was your favorite environment in Flatout series? If I missed anything let me know and I'll add it.
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

Robertb333

I think you forgot the bonus Tracks, like the 0-track, 8-track, or the legendary Crashalley :) .

Sorry for my English.
Sorry for my basic English

bgb

Ohh, I have problem with choosing only one environment:( I rly liked places where u can drive with max speed for the most time of race like some desert maps, city, canals and of course race circuits. Now which one i should chose? xD In other hand I think it would be loss if any of those environment in poll would be throwed out from next game... The more diverse tracks the better:)

Mopower

Ohh, I have problem with choosing only one environment:( I rly liked places where u can drive with max speed for the most time of race like some desert maps, city, canals and of course race circuits. Now which one i should chose? xD In other hand I think it would be loss if any of those environment in poll would be throwed out from next game... The more diverse tracks the better:)
Yes, because I enjoy derby arenas, but I have to say I liked dirt driving the best. The field/ranch tracks from FOUC were probably my favorite, nice wide turns and fairly flat, but always the option to take ramps if you wanted to for the extra nitrous. I liked the snow tracks from FO1 a lot as well. My least favorite was pretty much anything asphalt, particularily the downtown courses. Trash city has never been a good one for me.
Go Big or Go Home!

RacerBest

Town from FO1! Loved that. It was great because it had also dirt roads outside of the town too.

I very like canal tracks
Lenin ALIVE!) Play Flatout--Play HARDCORE!
zloyandstrashniy@yandex.ua

Tehis

Forest! It was fun to drive around the forest and discover new jumps.  8)

lastday4u

Depends on what car you use really...

I loved every environment, but for e.g. I almost always use the RoadKing, and I could tackle any environment with it, even the dirt (ironic because of the car name lol). But the city/canals were a bit annoying, with such a light car I'd always get tossed about with the lamposts and "heavy" obstacles.

My favourite would have to be Race circuits though, I just love the high speed carnage you can get on them :)

John Burning

Canals!!!
Water canal is my favourite location ever!!!

leko

I think you forgot the bonus Tracks, like the 0-track, 8-track, or the legendary Crashalley :) .

Purple44

In Flatout 1, the snow and construction tracks be my must favorite, in Flatout 2, the canal and forest tracks.   :D

And in custom tracks, figure 8 tracks in any environment.  :)

Flatout 1:

Flatout 2:

Sorry I can't just vote for one environment, there to many good ones!!  ;)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:59:22 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods are.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660, Sound Blaster Recon, Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Jukka Merikanto

Sorry for my English.

Added Bonus tracks.
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

Salo

Flatout 1 snowtracks were best with hardest difficulty, default tires, suspension and maxed performance  ;D

Probably had the best gaming time in my life in those :D

DavidF

Was super fun to get up to max speed hit a ramp and fly through the air at a forest track. Forgot the name of it but man it was a blast. Especially when you hit it wrong and you had a friend coming backwards..  :D

GoldenApe

Voted for snow, because apart from the early Colin McRae's, I don't know any racegame that did snow/ice and did it as well as FO1.