Poll

What was your favorite environment in Flatout series?

Forest
139 (20%)
Sandpit
27 (3.9%)
Fields
33 (4.7%)
Town
31 (4.5%)
City
56 (8.1%)
Canals
84 (12.1%)
Desert
33 (4.7%)
Race circuits
66 (9.5%)
Derby arenas
60 (8.6%)
Winter forest
120 (17.3%)
Bonus tracks
46 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 689

Author Topic: POLL: Favorite environment  (Read 21438 times)

SKULL0FD3ATH

i liked all the tracks that had dirt roads, towns and city stuff i hated the most, so anything with like a rally style i liked

Techno-Grub

Couldn't possibly choose my favorite setting, but went with the Canals.

However, as long as there are plenty of things to break and drive through (maybe even an actual drive-through fast food restaurant) it's all fine by me.

Branches, fences, other wooden structures, glass surfaces, hell even bones and cacti were present in FlatOut(2), which all fit into a variety of cool map environments like the snowy, desert, countryside, city/industrial, and so on and so forth.

I love me some Speedway 8-figure environment though. I just love when cars really get together in dangerous cross-sections, or choke-points perhaps. They could be implemented in other tracks and environments too.

Also, when talking about solid objects, and fences etc., that cannot be destroyed or moved, no matter the force, I think the less you have those in the game, the better. Especially when they're as thin as sheet metal, yet unbreakable/damageable, just like in Speedway map for example. They serve a purpose yes and some objects must be solid, but they should look the part as well. Right? It's a minor thing though, not of great significance.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:27:59 PM by Techno-Grub »

Vesely Zub

I like all enviroment from Flatout 1. All was great.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:00:22 PM by Vesely Zub »

BurntFaceMan

I voted "winter forrest", but:
I don't really like slipping/sliding on snow :D
It's more about the theme/style.

So I guess that the perfect map for me would be a clean asphalt street, sourrounded by a winter/snow enviroment.

Maybe here and there a little ice spot or snow spot on the street, to avoid like the oil spots in Mario Kart.  :P

LUNITIC_WILL

I voted "winter forrest", but:
I don't really like slipping/sliding on snow :D
It's more about the theme/style.

So I guess that the perfect map for me would be a clean asphalt street, sourrounded by a winter/snow enviroment.

Maybe here and there a little ice spot or snow spot on the street, to avoid like the oil spots in Mario Kart.  :P
oil spots? i never raced on a track that had oil slicks in mario kart 64
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

tolliverj

Ohh, I have problem with choosing only one environment:( I rly liked places where u can drive with max speed for the most time of race like some desert maps, city, canals and of course race circuits. Now which one i should chose? xD In other hand I think it would be loss if any of those environment in poll would be throwed out from next game... The more diverse tracks the better:)

ya i agree with you on that. maybe if there is a story or somthing you can have a story where you traval across the world like the desert and places like that, that way you could use all of them just a thought.

CapnFlappyJaw

I like the little town in the original FlatOut. The city races in 2/UC I hated, except for one of the Canal races (Might've been Canal 1, but my mind is a bit foggy and don't have the game installed right now). My most raced tracks were the forest races, the town races in the original, and the legendary Crashalley (which is the best track imo).
Intel i5 4660k @4.0 Ghz, MSi GeForce FTX 1070 Overclocked, 24 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, 3TB HHD, 500 GB HHD, G27 (Wanting to trade/sell for a G920)
YouTube, maybe? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQQDWPEdmui0Vfo-yN2ZNA

Adenru

Notice that current tracks aren't most popular in the poll.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:52:25 AM by Adenru »

Ruben Bugbear

Oh man those canal races in Flatout ultimate carnage .... great memories #batmobile XD
Specs: AMD FX+ 8350, Sapphire R9 290, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, SSD 250GB

I'm honestly surprised that the canal environment isn't in the lead. They were great tracks and the surroundings were nice also.