Author Topic: Flatout 2 Reborn - A global FO2 modification  (Read 33626 times)

DominatorRUS

Modification download is available for free on f2r.ucoz.ru!
Not for sale!

Currently in BETA!
4 years of development!

A short list of changes compared with FlatOut 2:

-A custom dedicated master server for online game;
-Game update system;
-Most Wanted mod mode;
-Winter Pursuit mod mode;
-Music Manager, which allows you to add your own songs in .ogg format;
-Possibility to change the language, without downloading additional files;
-4 new cars: Bonecracker, Grinder, Stryder, Fastline. List will be updated with the updates;
-Almost complete change in graphics, thanks to new technologies that have in-game means;
-New effects of smoke, dirt, nitro, sparks, explosions, broken glass, lighting;
-High quality textures;
-Advanced multiplayer mode with new gamemodes;
-Very flexible configuration of a single race before the race;
-Changing time of day on all tracks;
-New camera effects;
-Fixed most of the problems with compatibility;
-New sound effects;
-New soundtrack;
-New functions for kick player from lobby;
-Sound notification, when entering a second player to game lobby;
-7 skins for each car, instead of 5;
-Maximum length of a standard nickname increased up to 17 characters;
-Change maximum number of players on the server, without rehost.
-Easy access to settings directly from online games.
-Show active servers in launcher.
-Changed menu, new background video.
-Addition of localization of the game.
-Code optimization of game scripts, for increase performance.
-Increased range of game objects draw.

Sorry for my bad English and small amount of information...

Old post content:

Hello, all! I arrived to show parts of my works. It is the updated graphics for FlatOut 2 for my global modification.

Videos:

It only tests. I will correct all defects.
Other test videos on my channel :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:51:17 PM by DominatorRUS »

John Burning

Wow! Looking good!

69Imperial

Doesn't look half-bad, do anything for the city/canal tracks yet?
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

Purple44

Hello, all! I arrived to show parts of my works. It is the updated graphics for FlatOut 2 for my global modification.

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhPCglGDrY4

Test video #6 was Flatout 2? With the tires leaving ruts in the road, video look like Ultimate Carnage.  :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

DominatorRUS

Doesn't look half-bad, do anything for the city/canal tracks yet?

City test:

Canal test:
( low quality video ).

DominatorRUS

Test video #6 was Flatout 2? With the tires leaving ruts in the road, video look like Ultimate Carnage.  :o

I want to make the graphics similar to Ultimate Carnage :)

Purple44

I want to make the graphics similar to Ultimate Carnage :)

I'm surprise you was able to do that with Flatout 2.  :o

When you get your mod done, please add it to our mod section for Flatout 2!

http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=38&func=select&id=5

DominatorRUS

I will add modification on a torrent. Its size is about 4 gb. For editing I used high-quality textures, new filters, shaders mod and flatout2.db editor.

Purple44

I will add modification on a torrent. Its size is about 4 gb. For editing I used high-quality textures, new filters, shaders mod and flatout2.db editor.

Damn, that a big file! How big would files be if made a rar file, compress file? Would suggest hosting mod at our moddb site, but think at 4GB file, moddb would not allow. I would have to check and find what the limit on file size is.

Maybe break up mod into smaller rar files, parts 1-3.

We host our large Community Mod files at moddb. Thankfully moddb does not charge us for the download bandwidth.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:34:14 PM by Purple44 »

DominatorRUS

Damn, that a big file! How big would files be if made a rar file, compress file? Would suggest hosting mod at our moddb site, but think at 4GB file, moddb would not allow. I would have to check and find what the limit on file size is.

We host our large Community Mod files at moddb. Thankfully moddb does not charge us for the download bandwidth.

It will be separate game with the install file. The name will be Flatout Reborn. About moddb I will think.

I search car models for my mod, qualitative are necessary to me. Especially, I want something exclusive.

DominatorRUS

Screens from derby maps :)

AltS7

New screens looks a lot better than videos (it was really dark). Also that FOUC-like green trees looks ugly, better leave standard. Also, can you change that city background? In F2 it's too natural for game graphics  :)

Heddly

It will be separate game with the install file. The name will be Flatout Reborn. About moddb I will think.

I search car models for my mod, qualitative are necessary to me. Especially, I want something exclusive.

I have added 6 custom cars to replace the stock versions. I did not edit the fo2.db but they fit the driver. You can download and test them if you want to. You need to add them to the "filesystem" to work. Heddly's FO2 Stock CustomCar 6 Pack.

car21_Crusader    Chopsader
car25_RoadKing      BossMustang
car29_BulletGT    68 Camaro
car41_Flatmobile  FLAT-O-SAURUS
car42_Mobcar      MobVert
car45_Truck       Concrete Mixer

DominatorRUS

New screens looks a lot better than videos (it was really dark). Also that FOUC-like green trees looks ugly, better leave standard. Also, can you change that city background? In F2 it's too natural for game graphics  :)

Dark videos because of Youtube. Trees were temporary, I already replaced them. Background I can change.

DominatorRUS

Dark videos because of Youtube. Trees were temporary, I already replaced them. Background I can change.

Quote from: Heddly
I have added 6 custom cars to replace the stock versions. I did not edit the fo2.db but they fit the driver. You can download and test them if you want to. You need to add them to the "filesystem" to work. Heddly's FO2 Stock CustomCar 6 Pack.

These cars aren't suitable for me, I need something another that other people won't be able to download from foj and other resources. But all the same thanks for attempt to help :)

Unfortunately, I have not a full flatout2.db editor, I can't add sections. Because of it I am limited in opportunities :(

Somebody has a full version of the editor?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:32:16 PM by DominatorRUS »