Author Topic: Imprecise body repairs please!  (Read 2206 times)

acid_andy

*Bump* Is there any chance at all of a feature like this happening? Any kind of lasting visual damage from race to race? If there isn't, I'll stop asking, but this would seriously make the game for me.
Unlikely i would say,but you could achieve something much simpler yourself. Add some more skin slots to the cars,take the _damaged versions of each the skins,duplicate them and rename them to match your new skin slots. The new skin slots will now be pre raced versions of the original skins

Better would be some kind of console command or script that could save your damaged car's model mid race to a file for later use, but I'll quit dreaming I guess and wait for the next banger racing sim.

Janne Suur-Näkki

While I don't feel like making any false promises we've actually discussed this kind of persistent damage a few times. I think it could work pretty well especially in career if you'd have a bunch of races (let's call it a race weekend) that you would need to participate in, and you could use any cars in your garage as long as they meet the criteria for the races (class and so forth), with the idea being that any cars wrecked in a race could not be used naymore.

Now after the first race your car could have suffered only minor damage, so you could take your chances and try to make it through the second race with it and save your others cars for later, or pick another one and make sure you'd make it to the finish line. On the other hand, if your first car was totalled in the first race, you'd have to use another car, and if you wouldn't have more cars, your race weekend would be done and you would receive rewards only for the first race.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Devin

That sounds great! It might actually make me become much more active offline than I am now, because right now I only use offline for mod testing and leaderboard times. Can't wait for that :D

Rowdy Burns

Now after the first race your car could have suffered only minor damage, so you could take your chances and try to make it through the second race with it and save your others cars for later, or pick another one and make sure you'd make it to the finish line. On the other hand, if your first car was totalled in the first race, you'd have to use another car, and if you wouldn't have more cars, your race weekend would be done and you would receive rewards only for the first race.

This sounds on the right tracks!...surely minor repairs could be possible??!

Also...could you throw in an option to weld or bolt the doors etc...I can`t stand flappy doors!!