Author Topic: Demo Won't Start  (Read 2364 times)

MaxWishire

So I got the demo and I got it installed. When I run it I get to the controls instructions like normal, but whenever I press enter, the demo won't start. I've uninstalled and re-installed it several times, but the issue will not go away. Does it have something to do with my computer, or what?

Purple44

Is your computer a laptop? Or 5 year old gaming computer in need of an upgrade?

Please post your computer specs and what version of Windows you are using. Then we can tell you if your computer going to have trouble running NCG.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

MaxWishire

Please post your computer specs and what version of Windows you are using. Then we can tell you if your computer going to have trouble running NCG.

I'm not sure about the exact specs, but it has fairly new hardware where I can play games with the highest graphics. Because I'm cheap I use Windows XP. Like I said before, the demo starts up great, but it just won't accept my pressing of the enter button. And no, it's not a laptop.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:33:44 PM by MaxWishire »

deadmoroz14

Check if you have any controllers plugged in (wheel, gamepad). Maybe game is waiting response from controller, not from keyboard
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Purple44

So I got the demo and I got it installed. When I run it I get to the controls instructions like normal, but whenever I press enter, the demo won't start. I've uninstalled and re-installed it several times, but the issue will not go away. Does it have something to do with my computer, or what?

So I take it you get this far, to the launch screen, correct?

( this launch screen for NCG )

When click OK button, the free demo does not start?

What resolution are you using? Might try a low resolution like 1280x960 and medium graphic settings and unclick setting options, to see if demo will start. Does XP show any error messages?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:20:22 PM by Purple44 »

deadmoroz14

So I take it you get this far, to the launch screen, correct?

( this launch screen for NCG )

Purple, I guess he's getting this far:

Where he just can't press "Enter" button.
As I said earlier, it looks like some problem with multiple controllers
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:54:19 PM by deadmoroz14 »
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Purple44

I forgot about that screen, been awhile since I last fired up Sneak Peek.

Maddcatt76

I I am try to play it on the Samsung and it won't start it said there no application fornit so I caht start it :-[

Purple44

I'm not sure about the exact specs, but it has fairly new hardware where I can play games with the highest graphics. Because I'm cheap I use Windows XP. Like I said before, the demo starts up great, but it just won't accept my pressing of the enter button. And no, it's not a laptop.

If use the Enter key with the Numpad, does demo start playing? Also, is Sneak Peak demo at full screen so demo has the focus of the computer? If start demo in Window mode, does Enter key work now when Window has the focus of the computer?

Be sure your desktop has same resolution or lower than what is set in launch window or Demo Window will be bigger than your desktop!  :o

Purple44

I I am try to play it on the Samsung and it won't start it said there no application fornit so I caht start it :-[

Need more info, what your computer specs and version of Windows. And it look like you mistype the error message, "no application fornit". Could you repost the correct error message?

Maddcatt76

Can we play on Samsung tap 3 it like a phone can we play next car game on the Samsung tap 3

MaxWishire

Alright, when I launch the demo in windowed mode, I can finally press "enter" and start the demo, but the controls become laggy and a bit unresponsive. Example: When I speed up the car, the car jerks for a second and then teleports a little bit then goes. Even then though, the lag keeps me from holding a complete control over the car.  :( And when I try to exit, I have to bring up the Task Manager to close the demo because it becomes unresponsive.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:43:36 PM by MaxWishire »