Author Topic: Bouncy Bouncy, dem physics....  (Read 1782 times)

Paul_B

Maybe make it a bit more sim style. once you have a setup for a type of track you should be able to save it as file, then when in garage select the setup ie: Road,RallyX,Dirt. That's the norm for most sim tiltles.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:16:50 PM by pben1 »
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA PRO Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift/BBJ Button Box

Paul_B

As above if i'm missing some thing in game please share.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:17:20 PM by pben1 »
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA PRO Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift/BBJ Button Box

sam223

Setup recommendations would probably help. The descriptions are on the parts but i dont think many read them. If you reinforced that racing tires and stiff suspension are not recommended off road/tacks with jumps it might solve the issue.
I use rally suspension all the time, because i think it drives the nicest even if it is slower. Very rarely do i notice problems with jumps or bottoming out.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BrianUK

I use rally suspension all the time, because i think it drives the nicest even if it is slower. Very rarely do i notice problems with jumps or bottoming out.

It still happens though, so it's not just a suspension choice issue as has been alluded to. It's a flaw in the whole thing. The only choice I can see right now, especially with the admission that it's very hard to rectify, is to remove all the jumps. That's the only surefire way to ensure the car doesn't ping off in an arbitrary direction. But then where is the fun in a track that does nothing but stay flat?

Purple44

But then where is the fun in a track that does nothing but stay flat?

Ya, I would hate see jumps removed from Wreckfest!!  :o

The new Mixed 4 track got the jumps just about right, get a little air, might have do a little correction on landing.  :D

But it nice to have a few tracks with jumps you have to worry about.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

BrianUK

But it nice to have a few tracks with jumps you have to worry about.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if it was consistent, and everyone was punished equally for taking a jump too fast. However, as it stands, it is frustrating to take a jump with someone else, and they land perfectly while your car shows off it's breakdancing skills.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:26:13 PM by BrianUK »

sam223

It still happens though, so it's not just a suspension choice issue as has been alluded to. It's a flaw in the whole thing. The only choice I can see right now, especially with the admission that it's very hard to rectify, is to remove all the jumps. That's the only surefire way to ensure the car doesn't ping off in an arbitrary direction. But then where is the fun in a track that does nothing but stay flat?

Doesn't happen very often with rally suspension with sedan/am4 (II), only occasionally when taking jumps flatout at angles.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2