Author Topic: Anyone want to race online FlatOut?  (Read 7341 times)

Purple44

Anyone want to race online FlatOut?

I'd like to, but I don't ever find anyone online with or without mods.

Ex started this thread Tuesday and I suggested we do some Flatout 1 online this Saturday using the FOv3 mod and the patch file we were using last year.  Give Ex thread a read for the details. And if got questions, post them at FOJ thread or here.

To sum things up, we are hosting Flatout 1 with the FOv3 mod, Saturday at 12 noon pacific, 3:00pm eastern, 8:00pm London time. Using Tunngle> Flatout network to go online with Flatout 1 LAN option.

Here thread on setting up FOv3 mod and the patch we will use. If you do not have a FOv3 mod folder already, please set one up. Don't mix the FOv3 mod with the FOv2Plus mod. Both mods need there own Flatout 1 folder.

Rusty going to host FOv3 mod and FO 2 mod now

And here some posts about setting up Tunngle:

Ok guys, it look like Gamespy Flatout 2 online servers are permanently down. Will post about this later.

I'm online with Royce and Rodman using Tunngle and the LAN option in Flatout 2 and it working. Come join us through Tungle tonight.

Here link to Tunngle website. Need to register and download Tunngle:

http://www.tunngle.net/

Here link to tut on setting up Tunngle:

Need to login into Tunngle program, on the home page, left-hand side, you will see Network Explorer section. Click Sport and on page 2, Flatout 2 is listed, click Flatout 2, will see a list of players.

Now start your Flatout 2 and pick the LAN option, if click Join, you will see a list of hosted FO2 lobbys, if there is any or click Create to start your own host.

Quote from: Purple44
Here a pic of Tunngle.

Need to be register and log into Tunngle and use the Community tab, then on the left-hand side you will see "Network Explorer". Click Sport and go to page 2. The Flatout networks will be listed at the bottom of the page.

If want to make a bookmark of say the "Flatout 2 - Joint Mod" network, right click on "Flatout 2 - Joint Mod" name and you will get option to make a bookmark. Then at the top page, star icon is for your bookmarks.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Ok, about 4 hours to go before we start racing FOv3 mod online.

Off to take a nap, work last night. See you guys at 12:00 noon pacific time. Will be on Tunngle a half an hour before race time to answer any questions.

RacerBest

Wish I could join.  :-\

X

So just under two hours now. Setting up FO1.

Mopower

Off to take a nap, work last night. See you guys at 12:00 noon pacific time. Will be on Tunngle a half an hour before race time to answer any questions.

Oh :O I want to come :(

X

Why can't you?

Mopower

Why can't you?
I've tried installing FOv3 before but it wouldn't work. I probably did something wrong as I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. And I have no idea how or where to use tunngle lol

Purple44

Repost from Anyone want to race online FlatOut?

I'm back, anyone up for some racing  ???

You should of come into Tunngle>Flatout, we where still racing and pick up Royce. We just got done. Me and Heddly got in almost 5 hours of Flatout 1 racing today. :)

Thanks Jman, ExxionNexxion, Royce and Heddly for some fun times racing\derby\Cops and Robbers! With a 120 tracks and derbys to pick from, we only repeated a few good tracks.

Took some video. When I find the time next week, will try and get a video done.

Purple44

We have decide to host the FOv3 mod for Flatout 1 on the first Saturday of each month.

So, this Saturday, April 6, we will be hosting FOv3 mod at Tunngle again. We will start host at 12:00 noon pacific, 3:00pm eastern, 8:00pm London time. Will use same patch as last time.

Hope to see ya there.

Got some video rendering from the last Saturday we race online. Later today after video get uploaded to youtube I will post a link.

RacerBest

I asked in fo-online if they could do FOv3 for GOG.com version but no one answered my post.  :( Oh except you Purple.

Purple44

I asked in fo-online if they could do FOv3 for GOG.com version but no one answered my post.  :( Oh except you Purple.

Ya you guys got a bum deal with GOG version of Flatout 1 being unpack. Beg the question, why is GOG version unpack, instead of using bfs files like Steam version?

Purple44

OK guys, finally got video done and uploaded, be sure to use 720p if your connection can handle it:

Purple44

Will be hosting FOv3 mod in about 1 hour at Tunngle.

Go to our Flatout Joint thread for more details:

Mopower

Will be hosting FOv3 mod in about 1 hour at Tunngle.

Go to our Flatout Joint thread for more details:

Well, if you guys ever do any FO1 derbying/racing without the mods I'd be happy to play! Unfortunately I can't use the FOv3 mod

Purple44

We still hosting if anybody else want to join. Got room for 3 more players.