Author Topic: Skybox  (Read 2927 times)

Want to express their opinions on the sky on the tracks.
I remember in Flatout 2 was a wonderful portrayal of the sky and other objects (such as the moon or the sun), which is a pleasant experience during the trip. Here are a few skybox photos, would like to see in the new game.

Lenin ALIVE!) Play Flatout--Play HARDCORE!
zloyandstrashniy@yandex.ua

bgb

oh yes I also think that skyboxes used in flatout 2 was one of the best I ever saw in any video games. srsly i still find it more "real" than in today games

69Imperial

I'm sorry OP, but that's not how skyboxes work. They don't take shitty jpegs off Google and then uvmap them around the top of the map.
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

bgb

I think he just posted examples of different sky/clouds he wants to see:P

I'm sorry OP, but that's not how skyboxes work. They don't take shitty jpegs off Google and then uvmap them around the top of the map.
I just wanted to show how I see the skybox in the new game, but about the pictures, then you're right, the developers did not take them with Google)
Lenin ALIVE!) Play Flatout--Play HARDCORE!
zloyandstrashniy@yandex.ua

Usmovers_02

The skyboxes in FO 2 and UC are REALLY amazing. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's noticed. The ONLY other game I've seen with skyboxes as good as FOs is Mass Effect 2 and 3.

Also, as old as FO:UC is I STILL think the game is prettier to look at than 99% of modern games. Yes, it may be lacking a few bells and whistles that are becoming commonplace nowadays but the beautiful artwork and efficient engine make DX11 look unnecessary.