Author Topic: * * * LAKESIDE TRACK * * * ATTENTION! long loading time with many images!  (Read 4142 times)

Daystar

Hi Guys... Well this is something I would really like to see in NCG.
I created this track my self with Vue 10 xStream app, and I would like to know if any one else likes the idea?

And attention modders community in here! I am well capable of creating tracks in a lot of different settings, ie: Desert, Island, Country, Snowy, City, Rural etc!
so please do not forget me when it comes to track creation ok? and yes my art app Vue 10 xStream does export to many formats (hopefully compatible with NCG)
Keep me in mind k thx...

Iwasawa

Nice renders.

Daystar

Thanks! Yeah it is a lot of fun making art with my app.  :D

Purple44

Nice to see we have some talented people here in the forum.  :D

Hopefully we can tap into that talent when the modding for NCG get going.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Thank you Purple44! Appreciate your words a lot!
And one of our developers, believe it was Janne mentioned that he would like for us to be able to mod the game in the future!
just hope all goes well with the modding of NCG  :)

Purple44

Ouch, Vue 10 xStream app not cheap ( $1695 ), but cheaper than 3Ds Max ( $3675 ).

I don't have that kind of money to spend, so I hope I can use Blender like I did in Flatout 2.

Ultradar.

Ouch, Vue 10 xStream app not cheap ( $1695 ), but cheaper than 3Ds Max ( $3675 ).

I don't have that kind of money to spend, so I hope I can use Blender like I did in Flatout 2.
Thank god for torrents

I've never really modded any of the flatouts for car skins or tracks, but having steam workshop now I think this'll be a great opportunity for people to share their tracks with the community without having to go through an annoying process. It'll be a two click system.
Specs:
AMD A10-6800k (Stock)
ASUS ROG 7970 Matrix platinum (Stock)
2x4GB Corsair 1600MHz memory
1 x 2TB 7200rpm HDD
1 x 120GB Vector 150 SSD
1 x 150GB old HDD
Windows 8.1
1x 1024 x 1280 monitor (Yes, it's sideways)
1x 1920 x 1080 monitor

Daystar

If we are lucky, maybe we will get a track creator app with our finished game we are all patiently waiting for  :)

Jori Virtanen

If we are lucky, maybe we will get a track creator app with our finished game we are all patiently waiting for  :)

Dum de dum... ;)

Anyway. Stellar job on the tracks, Daystar! Keep it up :)
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

Daystar

Dum de dum... ;)

Anyway. Stellar job on the tracks, Daystar! Keep it up :)

Thanks Jori! I will for sure make more and experiment with more fluctuations with roadways (not just flat cube)  ;D

dbs213

The first picture is something I'd like to hang up framed like a painting in my room. Really vibrant and colorful.

Mahogany or Oak frame? Hmmm...
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Daystar

The first picture is something I'd like to hang up framed like a painting in my room. Really vibrant and colorful.

Mahogany or Oak frame? Hmmm...

Now that's a big compliment to my artworks!  Thanks!!!

Ben Lind

I've been using Blender all the time. Currently we have to go via 3ds Max though to be able to export it into engine. Maybe someone could write an exporter for Blender as well but I doubt it would be all that simple.
Overly talkative 3D-artist

Needles Kane

I've been using Blender all the time. Currently we have to go via 3ds Max though to be able to export it into engine. Maybe someone could write an exporter for Blender as well but I doubt it would be all that simple.

Why need to use 3ds Max? Blender supports same formats as it. Or  does you have some plugin for 3ds Max and you confiqure car's wheels and and other things in 3ds Max. Sorry if this is stupid question, I only know how to import models for Unity 3d and its supports almost every format.

Purple44

If it going to take 3ds Max to export a custom track made from scratch to work in NCG, not looking good for making totally new tracks and derby pits.

We will be back to what we did in Flatout 1 and 2 and use the existing geometry file for a track and just move or make copies of objects to design a new track or derby pit.