Author Topic: * * * DESERT TRACK * * * ATTENTION! long loading time with many images!  (Read 1176 times)

Daystar

So today I created a Desert Track  :D Hopefully NCG will feature a similar track!

So after I post this, back to my creating I go,... I will add assets such as old buildings and maybe more things.
I hope you guys like this track plan.

Purple44

You able to slap together a track like that in a day!!  :o

That my kind of figure 8 track, a triple crosser. :)

I do have one suggest for your track, track map on the flat side, could use  a hill, some whoop-to-doos.

Whoop-to-doo on Reverse Pinegrove 1 track - Flatout 2.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

You able to slap together a track like that in a day!!  :o

That my kind of figure 8 track, a triple crosser. :)

I do have one suggest for your track, track map on the flat side, could use  a hill, some whoop-to-doos.

Whoop-to-doo on Reverse Pinegrove 1 track - Flatout 2.

Yeah one track per day is getting easier for me. I am learning my Vue art app really better lately. after watching and reading
up on tutorials  :D and of course I cannot forget cross over sections! means more chaos in those areas haha.

And yep, this track is completely flat on the ground,... my later tracks that I will create, will have undulating surfaces, inclines, declines etc.
the reason I made my first  2 tracks this way is because of the splines (roadway). I still am learning splines, and need to learn it's behavior when
making hills, inclines etc... but I am sure I will get it correct! just takes time to learn a bit.

So here is 2 more renders... and this about wraps it up for the Desert Race Track project.
Thanks for your interest's Purple44!

Daystar

Oh! Silly me! forgot to add... I added some random explosions, as an experiment and forgot to leave them out! Ah well lmao

conso1727

Wow, when modding will be up and running you surely will be a great asset to the modding scene!

Daystar

Wow, when modding will be up and running you surely will be a great asset to the modding scene!

I sure hope so!

Daystar

So attention Purple44! Working on an island track right now, just started about an hour ago.

This is what I feared with terrains and roadways! laying down the track can be a bit difficult with mountainous terrains!
But! I will figure this out. thank god Vue has an awesome spline editing feature! looks like I can slowly raise portions of the track until it's not sunken in the ground.
I will post this Island track later on  ;D

RatPat

Excellent work from both! :D
I probably need to try that program sometime... it seems to be interesting... 8)

Daystar

Excellent work from both! :D
I probably need to try that program sometime... it seems to be interesting... 8)
Thanks! and yeah, Vue is not that hard to figure out! Terragen, 3ds max is much more difficult imho.