Author Topic: thoughts from sweden - Folkrace  (Read 7013 times)

folkrace_swede

hello bugbear, greetings from sweden.

when i first played flatout 1 i liked it so much because it reminded me of a motorsport
here in sweden called folkrace( i drive folkrace myself), in finland i think its called jokkis or something? am i right? and i got the feeling that you were inspired of jokkis when you did your game?

one thing i think would be really cool is if you had like one jokkis/folkrace class with old cars like volvos, saab, opel, ford, small cars like fiats and yeah you know the typical jokkis cars.

now because of i drive myself i am a big fan of metal that is crushed and bended in all ways that is possible without that parts is falling of ;D. For example: when you hit ann opponent on the door its much cooler if the door stays on and just gets dented like when you drive folkrace. or if you get hit hard in the trunk it gets pushed in all the way to the rear windshield  ;) and whats up with the roof, its nearly indestructible in flatout 2, i would really like some easeir damage there  :)

i really hope there will be some winter tracks because that was fun as hell, forest and field i also thought was a blast :)

im sure its gonna be a cool game, cant wait!!

P.S hope you understand it, my english isnt that good when it comes to formulate ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:01:14 AM by sam223 »

folkrace_swede

some cool swedish folkrace cars  :D

folkrace_swede

more

folkrace_swede

more

folkrace_swede

messed up

RacerBest

when i first played flatout 1 i liked it so much because it reminded me of a motorsport
here in sweden called folkrace( i drive folkrace myself), in finland i think its called jokkis or something? am i right? and i got the feeling that you were inspired of jokkis when you did your game?
Yeah I think Flatout was inspired by jokkis. Pepper and Blocker reminds those cars, and there used to be Beetle buggy in the game too but they never put it to the final version of the game.  :(

Also number 143 car in this picture looks like the one in NGC, which we can see at left of this site's background picture.

folkrace_swede

there used to be Beetle buggy in the game too but they never put it to the final version of the game.  :(
what a shame it didnt make it  :-\

yes they do look alike those cars, and in the teaser there comes a black little car skidding wich reminds me of a little typical jokkis car :D dont know what car it is tough?
god damn i like jokkis/folkrace :)

Mopower

Nice pictures and video footage. I like that there were some fast station wagons in there. *Cough* big cars can be fast *Cough*

folkrace_swede

Nice pictures and video footage. I like that there were some fast station wagons in there. *Cough* big cars can be fast *Cough*
thanks!! station wagons rules  ;)

Tommi Tissari

Yeah I like those pics too!  8)
Retired Bugganeer!

Purple44

cool video

Real life Flatout racing!! nice!  :D

Would like to see the station wagon and a bug in the NCG, please.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

cool video

The video says more than a picture is worth. This is the secret recipe that made FO1 what it is.   8)

Mopower

cool video

The video says more than a picture is worth. This is the secret recipe that made FO1 what it is.   8)
I agree. If that picture is worth 1,000 words, that video is worth 1,000,000. Would like to see more of what I saw in the video in the game.

folkrace_swede

im glad that you like the pics :)

that amazon station wagon belongs to daniel wall, he have won severel races in folkrace, rallycross and rallys here in sweden :)

i have a trailer here from that race, if you yust want to see the amazon jump to 2:50.

enjoy 8)