Author Topic: * * * ISLAND TRACK * * * ATTENTION! long loading time with many images!!!  (Read 629 times)

Daystar

So once again another track idea I envisioned  :)

This was more a pain in the $§$ to get the track to laydown properly!!! spent a good 2 hours trying to make the track not go into the mesh (terrain) to much...
did the best I could, however there is a couple dangerous sections that you would have to swerve into the next lane to avoid some sand on the road! however that
could be a cool thing right? just a slight hazard lol

Any way, I am basically finished with this track. there are no added features (assets) like huts, gas stations, houses etc.. just pure Tropical vegetation  :D I could add
assets if the interest is strong enough later down the road.

Here is the results of my latest creation!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:53:32 AM by Daystar »

Ultradar.

Environment hazard of going too fast off a corner and into the sea. Nice. You should probably play with bridges, tunnels and more vertical tracks.
Specs:
AMD A10-6800k (Stock)
ASUS ROG 7970 Matrix platinum (Stock)
2x4GB Corsair 1600MHz memory
1 x 2TB 7200rpm HDD
1 x 120GB Vector 150 SSD
1 x 150GB old HDD
Windows 8.1
1x 1024 x 1280 monitor (Yes, it's sideways)
1x 1920 x 1080 monitor

deadmoroz14

Well, I must say that all of your tracks have one major disadvantage - they aren't interesting in terms of racing. Maybe they have good scenery, but riding only on smooth long turns isn't that entertaining. You should add some hairpins, 90 degrees angle corners, tricky corners with multiple apexes, maybe profiled corners
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Daystar

Thanks for the tips deadmoroz14! I will get on that for sure  :D

And @Ultrader those are awesome ideas! I have already thought about bridges and stunt tracks even  :)

G.

Daystar love the tracks great scenery, but I have to agree deadmoroz14 the tracks need inclines/declines in gradient, tunnels, metal barriers, ramps and destructible objects. Keep the good work up though :) I request the wilderness track if possible please :) http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5293.0.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:11:46 AM by G. »