Author Topic: * * * Wicked TRACK * * * ATTENTION! long loading time with many images!!!  (Read 948 times)

Daystar

Hi Guys... Yeah I know the bad news.. Delay in the update. Well at least they did not released it flawed. now that's always a good thing  :)

So I made another track, that I would like to import into the game somehow... if it's even possible! yeah... So I am real sleepy stayed up all night creating this place.
since I could not try out the new update, I had to do something instead so Yep here is Wicked Track Hope someone likes it! hehe

Now I go read the interesting new posts before I crash (sleep)  ;D

Aerotactics

Uh...what can I say...I think this could inspire a "dark" track design, but in my opinion, it's too far from realistic. I would love a "wicked" type themed track, perhaps a Halloween release. Maybe something along the lines of a Hawaiian Volcano eruption. (I think "tikis" when I see the rock formations.) Nice work!

conso1727

This track is way 2spooky4me.
I do not see this as an "official" track though, more like a hidden, bonus one.

Bobby Koticks

Eternal Suffering DLC when?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:13:21 PM by Bobby Koticks »
my opinions are facts

Bobby Koticks

This is cool.
my opinions are facts

dbs213

Love the land formations, not sure if NCG's ROMU engine will allow mountain-sized formations though...
Really appreciate the off-beat look to it, an RPG-like environment for a racing game is something I'd like to see from at least the modding side of a racing game.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Daystar

Uh...what can I say...I think this could inspire a "dark" track design, but in my opinion, it's too far from realistic. I would love a "wicked" type themed track, perhaps a Halloween release. Maybe something along the lines of a Hawaiian Volcano eruption. (I think "tikis" when I see the rock formations.) Nice work!

Thanks for the feedback Aerotactics! Yeah not to realistic at the moment I know... need's a better atmosphere at the moment.. Most times within my Vue app, a certain atmo with say Global Radiosity or Global inclusion, etc can dramatically effect the scene, like make to much noise in the render, to fogy, to bright etc... it's a real hit or miss issue when selecting a quality atmosphere.  And I will keep this in mind before Halloween comes! In this scene, I also attempted to add a lake of fire, but had a conflict issue with my glowing lake material + the global radiosity atmo... after I did a test render, the lake was way to bright and threw the whole scene off. there is a lot involved, it's just not throwing down a spline (race track), selecting an atmo, and hitting populate (for vegetation creation)... there is often times, I have to erase areas of track that had plants growing through it! also areas of race track that were to sunken down in the mesh (terrain) and I had to painstakingly raise up a node slowly, without effecting other nodes in the area. 

Daystar

Eternal Suffering DLC when?

Later down the road, to a neighborhood near you  ;D

Daystar

Love the land formations, not sure if NCG's ROMU engine will allow mountain-sized formations though...
Really appreciate the off-beat look to it, an RPG-like environment for a racing game is something I'd like to see from at least the modding side of a racing game.

That is a good question!  this is a 512 X 512 mesh terrain. But! there is a lot of vegetation which slightly concerns me. I have more track ideas in mind that are a bit off beat haha...