Author Topic: Old cars in NCG?  (Read 2883 times)

lastday4u

Following my topic about "Old tracks in NCG" in the "Tracks section of the forum, I thought similarly we could have old cars in NCG?

An idea would be you could have a final race in "Single Player" mode, where you'd have to race, say for e.g. The RoadKing or Bullet GT? lol.
An maybe unlock it too for online races?

Just another suggestion :)

The same cars like "Bullet GT" or "Chili"? I think it's good idea :)
Lenin ALIVE!) Play Flatout--Play HARDCORE!
zloyandstrashniy@yandex.ua

Nokikana

I'd like 'em for example maybe ALL cars from previous Flatouts! That would be awesome!

dbs213

Setting aside licensing problems, yes I'd love to beat the Bullet GT or Road King with a derby car I've used throughout the game :)
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 16GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 500GB Solid State Drive
======================================
[Insert snarky quote with no context here]

Huono

Yes, I'd like to have old cars in NCG! :)

X

Setting aside licensing problems, yes I'd love to beat the Bullet GT or Road King with a derby car I've used throughout the game :)

Haha, that was the polar opposite of what he was actually thinking..

I think it would make a good DLC, but it depends on how Strategy First goes about it.

TheLazySpyper

Great idea! I would love to plow through opponents with the Speedevil from FO2  :)

dbs213

Haha, that was the polar opposite of what he was actually thinking..

I think it would make a good DLC, but it depends on how Strategy First goes about it.

I don't think Strategy First wouldn't be nice about that...
Unless it's the money that gets them :P
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 16GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 500GB Solid State Drive

SpeedDemon

I don't know why Bugbear made the mistake to give it to the other developer. The FlatOut 3 was terrible. If they hadn't sold the series to them. It wouldn't be so hard to just put em all back in. But I will miss those cars though. The classic FlatOut cars were the real deal.

Purple44

I don't know why Bugbear made the mistake to give it to the other developer. The FlatOut 3 was terrible. If they hadn't sold the series to them. It wouldn't be so hard to just put em all back in. But I will miss those cars though. The classic FlatOut cars were the real deal.

Bugbear has no control of the name Flatout, Bugbear only has their code and they did not give any code to Team6:

Will there be a new FlatOut game?

We actually never owned the series despite creating it. So it's up to publishers whether they would like us to make another FlatOut game. We'd love to!

Actually, they CAN'T call the game Flatout. Team 6 has bought the license...

If Team6 had bought the license to Flatout, Team6 would of let the Flatout community beta test Flatout5 ( Flatout 3 ) and Team6 would of waited until FO5 was finish before releasing it.

It was publisher Strategy First that bought the Flatout rights from Zoo Games ( then change name from Flatout5 to Flatout 3 ), who bought the Flatout rights from publisher Empire Interactive, that screwed over the Flatout community and rush out beta version of Flatout5 before Christmas 2011. :(

Want a new Flatout for the PC? If yes, then we need your help.

Flatout5 discussion here:

P.S. Flatout Ultimate Carnage rocked! Flatout 3... Not so great. Get back to the handling physics and damage of prior generations please!!!

Hey, thank you for your input! Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but we did not have anything to do with Flatout 3. That was by another team and another publisher than our previous games.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Indeed, as much as we all love the old beaters, they will not make a return due to obvious copyright issues. But trust us, there'll be a plenty of cool new rides to pick out your favorite from.

John Burning

Glad to hear!

dbs213

As much as possible, I suggest trying to make the new cars have familiar references to the old cars. Like  maybe have a car that shares the body lines of the FO1 Grinder and the FO2 Switchblade?
I see some FO2 Bullet GT and FO1 Blade "references" in the muscle car seen in the new screenshots.

Soon enough we'll be seeing a car paying homage to the Road King, as a beater rather than a Burnout car wanna-be of course ;D