Author Topic: Why was the bulldozer glitch removed??  (Read 2100 times)

crazychris4124

Awesome glitch and would have been even better if we could try it in multiplayer but its gone!! You guys pretty much removed your version of the swingset glitch.

crazychris4124

Please bring back the glitch

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:52:10 PM by crazychris4124 »

rhamm

It looks like they gave the bulldozer realistic weight.  Good job Bugbear.
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 1700X, Geforce GTX 1070
32GB DDR4
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2.5 with Porsche 918 RSR
V3 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

Jori Virtanen

Your friendly neighborhood game designer

Lari Fari

Haha thanks for your extensive elaboration! ;D

But yeah, I guess the question contains the answer: Its a glitch. :P
Gaming Since 1989

temp-64GTX

I think that the bulldozer should be able to rotate, but not as easily as in the first video. It is perfectly realized in the Flat-out 1.
Future Crew, we remember your Second Reality

Zeron

I think that the bulldozer should be able to rotate, but not as easily as in the first video. It is perfectly realized in the Flat-out 1.
Agreed, maybe the fixed models are just a placeholder until they fix it.

Conte Zero

Please bring back the glitch

Nope :)

Now I got what the guy here meant!
The bulldozers now look like horrible cardboard props, no physics at all, no rotation. Nailed to the scenery

PLEASE do go back to when they were real, physical objects, this is not Call of Duty
PLEASE!!!
Saippuakivikauppias

Usmovers_02

Call of Duty is hardly the first game to have a static environment. Bioshock does too yet its considered one of the greatest game worlds out there. Anyways i agree that it would be nice to see SOME movement from the bulldozer. Not a lot because those things are heavy as hell but some.

Also, its entirely possible that the bug being removed was a byproduct of the engine overhaul.

Conte Zero

Of course bulldozers are heavy stuff, but in the previous release you could hit them at high speed and move them a bit (not to mention the rotating "spoon")
this gave them an immersive, physical presence and could turn them into deadly traps/obstacles for the other cars
Too cool!
Saippuakivikauppias

Jori Virtanen

Well, we might give the dozer a mass, as well as some articulation for the arm, but the glitch itself... Man, it's gone :)
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

After the engine overhaul most of those roadside vehicles are behaving differently and more static than before. But no worries, we will fix them in upcoming updates. That glitch though, I'll see if I can put it back without anyone noticing   8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:01:34 AM by Petri Alanenpää »

Daystar

After the engine overhaul most of those roadside vehicles are behaving differently and more static than before. But no worries, we will fix them in upcoming updates. That glitch is though, I'll see if I can put it back without anyone noticing   8)

Haha good luck!!!

Daystar

After the engine overhaul most of those roadside vehicles are behaving differently and more static than before. But no worries, we will fix them in upcoming updates. That glitch though, I'll see if I can put it back without anyone noticing   8)

Sorry for the bump... but I would really like to see them back on Sandpit 2 track. is there a chance you can put a few out around the track at this stage? really loved pushing the AI into them dozers!  :P

EDIT: Not meant bring back the glitched ones, but put some on the track near the racing line areas.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:06:40 AM by Daystar »