Author Topic: Free-to-Play RIDGE RACER™ DRIFTOPIA  (Read 24083 times)

Joonas Laakso

Once per day you get a free pack with repair kits, cars and boosters. (The game tells you when it's available, you then need to visit the store to automatically claim it.)

If you run out of cars, you're given a free backup car. You can level it just like any other car.

The repair costs are still being tuned.

deadmoroz14

It would be very nice if you will add a repair kits as a participating reward in timed challenges. I've already told about my situation, I can't get any of the repair kits, only daily ones which is kinda not cool

Also, you should mention somewhere how to scroll through categories while choosing a car or a booster card (common/uncommon/rare/legendary). I found out that PageUp and PageDown are used for this. And this was not obvious, I spent some time before finally locate scroll buttons

And I have a question: Will there be any rewards for closed beta players later?
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Speedevil

I've heard card packs are free during the beta. Is this right?

deadmoroz14

I've heard card packs are free during the beta. Is this right?
The only free packs are the daily packs which gives you 50 repair kits + smth else (not valuable)
But packs are very cheap right now. 3000 repair kits pack (300 repairs of the worst car or 37 repairs of the best car) costs less then a dollar. Country - Russia.
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Speedevil

3.000 repair kits cost 20 euros in Belgium...  :o
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:23:04 PM by Speedevil »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for your feedback, guys - we will be sure to take note, but the monetization in particular is really not up to us.

All content is free during the Steam Closed Beta.

Joonas Laakso

And I have a question: Will there be any rewards for closed beta players later?

Thank you for the suggestions.

I know a reward for beta participants has been planned, but it hasn't been finalized. It's not up to us - at this stage we're fixing a lot of bugs and making as few adjustments to features as possible to keep the codebase stable.

All the monetization and customer service is up to Namco. We will relay your feedback.

deadmoroz14

Thanks for your feedback, guys - we will be sure to take note, but the monetization in particular is really not up to us.
It is my duty as a beta tester. I must tell you about bugs and other stuff.
Lol, It is really free. I haven't even thought that it could be free. Pop-up window tells me I have to pay some money (20 rub f.e.) but I'm just pressing "authorize" and grabbing all the stuff. Yeehaw!
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

deadmoroz14

I am experiecing some problems with jumps

Is it normal?

And, oh yeah, you removed RR7, all of my records were set on it (every track in top 10 :'()
Also, before mainteance on leveling up RR7 car I drove on new track (widowmakers). It must not appear at all? (You didn't say anything about removing tracks in path note, only cars)
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

Janne Suur-Näkki

Regarding the car flipping on landing, no, it's not as designed - we're looking into preventing this from happening, but it's turned out to be pretty difficult without jeopardizing the all-out car handling dynamics that we're aiming for. Rest assured, we're working on it.

Sorry to hear about your records, but we simply had to remove the disabled cars and the times clocked with them because they were causing certain anomalies in the server environment. As for the tracks, more will be made available at a later date, but for now it's better to test with a smaller amount.

And thanks for being active, most people take a beta simply as a token to have a go at the game, which is of course very fine as well, but we do very much appreciate direct feedback. After all, that's the only way to get to hear what you, the users, think of the game!

Codename4711

Free? Great! I was wondering about that, since some Betas do that. I went ahead and bought a bunch of stuff, though i still felt a bit stressed doing it lol.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yep, free as in beer ;) Never mind the Steam transaction window, no funds will be transacted.

John Burning

Yep, free as in beer ;) Never mind the Steam transaction window, no funds will be transacted.
Oh, that's good!
You'll make transaction real after release, yes?

RacerBest

Oh, that's good!
You'll make transaction real after release, yes?
Of course.

lokitrixter

After playing Driftopia and enjoying it and of course finding out about the free cars and cash shop items during beta I was pleased to have cars to actually play with. I don't know if it's something you guys can handle but I have made the suggestion that if you are out of repair kits and cars are totaled then you just lose a level on the car (3-2, 2-1, et al.) and lose the ability to race the car for 24 hours. I think this would keep players from giving up on this when they lose their cars and run out of kits as well as keeping casual people engaged. This way those who want to stay in the action for the day will buy their kits to keep their levels as well as their car, whereas those that don't want to pay aren't penalized for it. Just a thought and again not sure if it's something on your end that you can control.

All in all having a right fun time with this