Author Topic: Free-to-Play RIDGE RACER™ DRIFTOPIA  (Read 22359 times)

John Burning

That's a cunning plan John!  ;D
Nothing but desire to keep our forum clear from bad people :)

Mopower

See? Tommi? I told you John had the best intentions for mother earth :)
Mopower, May 16, 2013, 02:47:30 AM Logged

• Tommi Tissari

Aye aye!  8)
    Retired Bugganeer!

John Burning

Aye aye!  8)
    Peace!  :)

X

Aye aye!  8)
    Peace!  :)

After reading the quote pyramid, I am confused as hell. I guess I fell for the "plan" twice.

RacerBest

Seems like Driftopia was in E3.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/d1n7gq/ridge-racer-driftopia-e3-2013--gameplay--cam-

I don't see any difference to Unbounded.

psychicparrot

I hate to say it, BB, but I have zero interest in this - I'm not a fan of so-called free to play at all as it usually means 'you're going to be fleeced by micro transactions instead'.. I really liked RR:U, though.

RACERBEST said:
    Seems like Driftopia was in E3.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/d1n7gq/ridge-racer-driftopia-e3-2013--gameplay--cam-

That E3 video is terrible! Who was playing that? Seems like they're doing about 30 mph and haven't found the drift button.

I just hope this Drift thing brings in enough money to do the things you want to do with Next Car Game, because that's the one I'm waiting for :)

RacerBest

I have a feeling that Namco just took RRU and put micro-transactions in it hoping to get some extra money, and Bugbear doesn't have much to do with this, except creating the original RRU they used as base for this. And Namco gets 95% of the money this game makes.  :-X

isamu

It's such a shame to see this franchise go down the toilet :(  :'(

Acierocolotl

I have a feeling that Namco just took RRU and put micro-transactions in it hoping to get some extra money, and Bugbear doesn't have much to do with this, except creating the original RRU they used as base for this.

Exactly this.  I gave it a spin just ten minutes ago.  There's a few new skins on the cars but it's the same cars, the same track assets, and the same music.  The difference is if you crash your car, the race is over, you need to spend "repair kits" to save your car (if you run out, you lose it), and repair kits come in slowly over time unless you spend money.

It's actually pretty brazen how much of a cash grab it is, and I feel very disappointed in Namco alone.

AltS7

So devs are trying to implement new damage model without boost?
    http://youtu.be/Ku0nXhdbZOs?t=42s - for now it looks weird.

isamu

Can you guys give some impressions on the car handling? Does it exhibit any resemblance to the older Namco Ridge Racer games in car or drifting behavior?

RacerBest

Can you guys give some impressions on the car handling? Does it exhibit any resemblance to the older Namco Ridge Racer games in car or drifting behavior?
    It's same as Ridge Racer Unbounded. So no.

Speedevil

I have a feeling that Namco just took RRU and put micro-transactions in it hoping to get some extra money, and Bugbear doesn't have much to do with this, except creating the original RRU they used as base for this.

Exactly this.  I gave it a spin just ten minutes ago.  There's a few new skins on the cars but it's the same cars, the same track assets, and the same music.  The difference is if you crash your car, the race is over, you need to spend "repair kits" to save your car (if you run out, you lose it), and repair kits come in slowly over time unless you spend money.

It's actually pretty brazen how much of a cash grab it is, and I feel very disappointed in Namco alone.

Totally agree with this. I couldn't even finish a race. And other (ghost) cars can ram you, but since they are ghosts, you can't.

RacerBest

Totally agree with this. I couldn't even finish a race. And other (ghost) cars can ram you, but since they are ghosts, you can't.
    They are only ghosts in the start for a while. You can takedown the other cars, and doing so gives you the car you took down.