Author Topic: Work in progress snapshots  (Read 84848 times)

Orbotnive T

First impressions were :/ I liked it as it was but I'll try not to go negative. It does look much better. But I wasloving the original gravel as it was, and loved the original sandpit too - but yeah.. I'll try not to go negative.. at least until I tried it :)

Edit: Also part of my :/ was from the idea of the original tracks getting overhauled, both because I like them as they are especially tarmac1 - and also that an amout of time will be dedicated to it.

Also I assume all cars will be getting the folk treatment at some point. So combined judging from the time taken already, those two things are going to take up a ton of time in themselves.. If not then great. I don't think though a great amount has happened in the last year or so.

And I hope that things will speed up. Considering this news of overhauling old tracks and the need to make banger versions of the existing cars.

Edit II :

And so also, it'd be nice to see something other than tweaks to existing cars/tracks in the next few months, you know what I mean?

Looking forward to the update soon, anyway. Fingers crossed for a big happy there :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:53:42 AM by Orbotnive T »

Finsku

I'm happy they will also rework the tarmac 1. It has nice turns and up-and-down but the ground has too many hard edges.
Long straight before second last turn the ground is too flat on outside of track. Also why there is two bridges without any function? Maybe another route uses bridges...?

Next thing (I hope) where BB wants to ask opinions is maybe in-game car painting/customising, new layout for menu, first soundtracks, VR or split screen multiplayer mode... Just writing ideas what I'm waiting ????

Orbotnive T

I mentioned in the past about the bridges on T1, while trying to steer the game a little more towards flatout.. (accepting that this isn't flatout but also saying that a little more action couldn't hurt)

that a route using them would be good. And having the opportunity to damage them and come off the side in later laps would be good.

But I like the layout as it is, one of the original fast tracks. If there's much changes to it I'd be disappointed, but at the same time that's early access for you :) I'll try to keep perspective

Janne Suur-Näkki

I feel like that's a larger problem with Early Access titles in general. Notwithstanding whether we're talking about handling, a track or almost any other feature here, even if it sometimes isn't so great people get used to it. And understandable so, people get pissed off when that something is being changed at some point down the road, even if the change was for the better in objective terms (judged by the best of our abilities). Also from a developer point of view it's very challenging to keep perspective because you should be constantly evaluating your progress compared to your initial vision as well as where the other games are going at, but at the same time you do know that almost any change you make to the game will make someone angry - stalling is even worse, so you just kind of pray that the amount of happy users will exceed that of angry ones.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Understandable. I think the issue is that people don't understand the vission you have for the tracks once they are finalized. Maybe concept arts of tracks to show what the end look is working towards to br would help the community seeing the same development as you are? As you say, you have your goal with the tracks, maybe share some ideas, concepts lor whatnot so that we get on a mutual understanding?

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's a good idea. As a matter of fact I don't think there's a huge misconception about the tracks in general - if you look at the track from FlatOut or FOUC the action stemmed mostly from the high-speed of the tracks (especially in FOUC) and the hazards that were placed on the tracks. Especially in FOUC it wasn't so much about the track design, and it definitely wasn't about having murderous geometry and hard edges all over the place that in the worst case make racing a frustrating and buggy experience.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

tads421

Good Morning, Talking about tracks, when i done the live stream on track making you (Janne and pete) said i could PM you for information etc, i had pm'd you a few times but no reply, could you contact me (Privately) please.

The new track looks cool.

TADS

Janne Suur-Näkki

Hey Kev, that's odd - I received an email from you and replied (just checked, on 2016-10-25 if you want to look it up) but never heard back. Maybe the email got lost?

tads421

thanks Janne, i have just sent you a PM with a different email address.

Kev

Purple44

That's a good idea. As a matter of fact I don't think there's a huge misconception about the tracks in general - if you look at the track from FlatOut or FOUC the action stemmed mostly from the high-speed of the tracks (especially in FOUC) and the hazards that were placed on the tracks. Especially in FOUC it wasn't so much about the track design, and it definitely wasn't about having murderous geometry and hard edges all over the place that in the worst case make racing a frustrating and buggy experience.

Some tracks were made safer in FOUC from their Flatout 2 versions. The original Sandpit track was made safer in Build #7 and now Gravel look like been made safer too. The ditch on the inside of hairpin turn look to be gone now. :(

There some of us that like the tracks to have challenge to them, like having narrow spots and tight turns, Like Mixed 2 track and Bugbear made it safer in one the latest Builds. :(

First off I'm happy with the track layout. Love hand braking into the dirt hairpin and drifting around the corner.  :D

Current Mixed 2 track:  :(

Was track made wider so the AI could get around hairpin better? I would imagine if a poll was taken, about half the community would like that the hairpin turn has been widen and about half community wish Mixed 2 still had the tight hairpin turn.

Janne, since we lost the tight hairpin turn in the Mixed 2 track, can Bugbear finish the second track on the Mixed 2 map to give us a track with tight turns and narrow straightaways, please?

Us racing the second track on the Mixed 2 track map online ( jump to 7:49 ):

Give us a good place to race the Euro cars, they need some loving!  :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

DD-Indeed

Current Mixed 2 track:  :(

Well it's pretty obvious why they did widen up that area: it was a bottleneck, that completely halted the races very often. It was fun before, yes, but if you end up being stuck there for entire race, then it wasn't fun anymore.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:03:57 PM by DD-Indeed »

St. Jimmy

Was track made wider so the AI could get around hairpin better? I would imagine if a poll was taken, about half the community would like that the hairpin turn has been widen and about half community wish Mixed 2 still had the tight hairpin turn.

Janne, since we lost the tight hairpin turn in the Mixed 2 track, can Bugbear finish the second track on the Mixed 2 map to give us a track with tight turns and narrow straightaways, please?

Well yeah that hairpin was way too tight for AI that it pretty much ruined the races.

That second track would be cool to have.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

The hazards should stem from speed, other cars and gameplay props, not from the wonky geometry around the track perimeter. Since the layout will remain mostly the same the track is still very technical and difficult to master.

Have to disagree with this a bit Janne, "not from the wonky geometry around the track perimeter".

This is Wreckfest and the racing can be rough and tumble with the right crowd!!  :D  So it nice have some hill to bump someone into and launch their car into the air. Just leaving the ground flat around the track can track away the FUN factor of some tracks, like the Gravel track.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

And I thought here is new images or videos about next update but no, just a bot/person who sends strange Russian ads.
Please can you do something to stop these messages?! Maybe Xenforo?

sam223

And I thought here is new images or videos about next update but no, just a bot/person who sends strange Russian ads.
Please can you do something to stop these messages?! Maybe Xenforo?
I have tried a little by banning all @mail.ru accounts from registering new accounts (loads of spambots use mail.ru)
Unfortunately this time it was a gmail account
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2