Author Topic: A teaser of things to come  (Read 8880 times)

Jori Virtanen

In case you missed this on another thread:

Teaser from coding side for a change?

Your friendly neighborhood game designer

Kamikave

Team deathmatch, eh ? Sounds like fun :D
Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 Go
Sound Device : Creative SB X-Fi

sam223

Nice.Interested to see how team selection works,how many teams possible and if it can be used on racetracks aswell :)
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Iwasawa

Im afraid of this......

conso1727

I hope there will be more than 2 teams. Also, how will we be able to recognize the members of the various teams?

Needles Kane

I wonder if team deathmatch is just MP game. Do you have any plans to get AI work a way that it doesn't assail friends?

Jori Virtanen

I wonder if team deathmatch is just MP game. Do you have any plans to get AI work a way that it doesn't assail friends?

Of course. Would be pretty damn stupid if your team mates were "helping" instead of helping :)

Tero

I hope there will be more than 2 teams. Also, how will we be able to recognize the members of the various teams?

At the moment we have colored symbols on top of the cars with the player name so you know which team they belong to. The current solution is not visually final but at least you can differentiate friends from foes. :)

Lari Fari

Hmm... I'm not sure about the hovering symbols. How about having a little roof-mounted lamp shining in the teams color? :)

EDIT: Oh... did you mean like painted onto the cars? That would be ok. :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:37:36 PM by Lari Fari »
Gaming Since 1989

deadmoroz14

How about cars painted into the same color (or livery) in one team? For example, red team vs green team.
Just like IRL. Why do you have to invent something, if you can take a ready solution?
I guess, one-colored skins are not so hard to do. And it will looks a lot more real. Also, using that you can differ teams even without HUD
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:34:31 PM by deadmoroz14 »
SANDBAGGER

i5-3570k
16GB RAM
AMD HD7950

KingOfTheCakes

I'd like to see just plain team colours implemented eventually (and maybe numbers on the doors), no fancy patterns because I can imagine people getting confused online otherwise.

Also, is it 12 a side in this mode? :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:00:43 PM by TractorFace »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Batttletree

agreed leave the floating symbols out. it make the game feel generic. id rather a little roof light with the team color or cars having the same color base maybe but a little alteration between the cars paint too.
aka splatterface on steam.

Needles Kane

How about cars painted into the same color (or livery) in one team? For example, red team vs green team.
Just like IRL. Why do you have to invent something, if you can take a ready solution?
I guess, one-colored skins are not so hard to do. And it will looks a lot more real. Also, using that you can differ teams even without HUD
Why one-colored skins needed? I think current skins can work very well with Team-Derby mode. There is no risk of confusing different skins of cars right now because all of them are very different. Though, I want one-colored skins also.

Jori Virtanen

A taste of things to come:

Today we tested real deal online multiplayer with two new game modes, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. They need tweaking, sure, but they're here, and they work!
In addition, we now have road side spectator cameras so you can watch how the rest of the race proceeds.
All this makes the next build worth the wait, no? :)
Good times, good times \o/

Victor Cortez

Any info on the next build? It's been a while fellas.