Author Topic: A teaser of things to come  (Read 8862 times)

Jori Virtanen

Any info on the next build? It's been a while fellas.

I can't give you an ETA yet, as we need to seriously tweak those bits. I would wager it won't take more than 2-3 weeks, but I really can't say for sure. Early this week I would've said that the online functionality will definitely not happen for the next build, but, well, here we are :)
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

conso1727

The only thing I have to say is that "Deathmatch" sounds more like an FPS game rather than a driving game. I hope in later builds it will be changed to "Last Man Driving" or "Last Team Driving"

MSPORTBMW

A taste of things to come:

Today we tested real deal online multiplayer with two new game modes, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. They need tweaking, sure, but they're here, and they work!
In addition, we now have road side spectator cameras so you can watch how the rest of the race proceeds.
All this makes the next build worth the wait, no? :)
Good times, good times \o/

OMG cant wait.:)

Lari Fari

The only thing I have to say is that "Deathmatch" sounds more like an FPS game rather than a driving game. I hope in later builds it will be changed to "Last Man Driving" or "Last Team Driving"

But isn't "last man standing" just a regular derby? So "DM" and "Team DM" are probably other modes? possibly where you get respawned after being wrecked? Not sure how I feel about that. But of course it would hbring the advantage of not having to wait 10 minutes doing nothing if you get wrecked at the beginning.

EDIT: Oh, wait.. I forgot to say one thing: WHAAAAT!?!?!? Real online Multiplayer with different modes!?!?!?!? Maybe even in 2-3 weeks!?!?!? YEEEHAAW! :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:42:02 PM by Lari Fari »
Gaming Since 1989

Purple44

But isn't "last man standing" just a regular derby? So "DM" and "Team DM" are probably other modes? possibly where you get respawned after being wrecked? Not sure how I feel about that. But of course it would hbring the advantage of not having to wait 10 minutes doing nothing if you get wrecked at the beginning.

EDIT: Oh, wait.. I forgot to say one thing: WHAAAAT!?!?!? Real online Multiplayer with different modes!?!?!?!? Maybe even in 2-3 weeks!?!?!? YEEEHAAW! :D

When I read:

Today we tested real deal online multiplayer with two new game modes, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. They need tweaking, sure, but they're here, and they work!

And saw just Deathmatch, it got me to wondering that Team Deathmatch is not last man\team standing derbys.

Jori, could you please clarify what is Deathmatch mode and will there be a true last man standing team derby matches online also? I'm OK if there re-spawning in the derbys like we saw in DIRT Showdown, but I'm not OK if there no option to do true last man standing team derbys also. True last man standing team derbys is needed for Cops and Robbers derbys done on the tracks.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Batttletree

Awesome! cant wait. finally a game worth playing :)
aka splatterface on steam.

Zebulon55

Agreed.
"Deathmatch" is boring & hackneyed.  ::)
This game mode needs a name more in the style of "The Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash".  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannonball_Baker_Sea-To-Shining-Sea_Memorial_Trophy_Dash
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

Agreed.
"Deathmatch" is boring & hackneyed.  ::)
This game mode needs a name more in the style of "The Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash".  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannonball_Baker_Sea-To-Shining-Sea_Memorial_Trophy_Dash

Deathmatch\ Team Deathmatch not boring in Gas Guzzlers Extreme. Zeb I'm hosting GGE tonight.

I almost forgot, if there team Deathmatch mode, that mean we one step away from having a Capture the Flag mode in NCG?? 

sam223

Team racing/derby is great.Team derby with re-spawns i.e dirt showdown is not for me though,i find it boring.Hopefully 'team deathmatch' means the former or there is atleast a option for both gamemodes (no re-spawning) on track and derby arena
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:46:44 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Aerotactics

I would wager it won't take more than 2-3 weeks, but I really can't say for sure.

Purple44

@Aerotactics, that try at humor going a little to far??

Aerotactics

@Aerotactics, that try at humor going a little to far??

A little, but was intended to be my inner thoughts as well. 2-3 weeks is a long time (in my mind at least).

Lari Fari

I would say thats good news! If it stays at that estimate from a week ago, then those are 1-2 weeks now. After waiting for nearly 2 months I am really excited to get a new build! :)
Gaming Since 1989

Needles Kane

From Twitter.
In the next build, actually, and if all goes well, it'll be released late this week or early next week :)
https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/506412375114014720

Lari Fari

Thats good news. It means things are going as planned! :-)

Gaming Since 1989