Author Topic: A teaser of things to come  (Read 8884 times)

Purple44

@Aerotactics, that try at humor going a little to far??

A little, but was intended to be my inner thoughts as well. 2-3 weeks is a long time (in my mind at least).

I took it as F U, not FU**, that why it bug me.  :P

Thats good news. It means things are going as planned! :-)

Players should be back from their summer\ Labor day vacations, should be lots of players online when Build #6 get release.  :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:39:25 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Lari Fari

Oh I'll definitely be online! My only problem is I can't play most weekends and will play during the week mostly. Hope others will too :)
Gaming Since 1989

Aerotactics

@Aerotactics, that try at humor going a little to far??

A little, but was intended to be my inner thoughts as well. 2-3 weeks is a long time (in my mind at least).

I took it as F U, not FU**, that why it bug me.  :P

Ah, not a problem.

Usmovers_02

I do hope we see more frequent updates after this build.

Jori Virtanen

That's the plan :)
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

Raidx

Give me NITRO at one point or I will throw a Tantrum

This is what made the MP in flatout fun... expecially in deathmatch when you could smash your friend coming at 300 mph... the feeling when you would hit the other car at that speed was crazy

Or just looking at your opponent missing the target and hitting the wall full speed

WE NEED NITRO/Boost/whatever you want to call it!!!

Usmovers_02

I agree but no need for tantrums ;)

Frisker

I want the offline team derbies with team livers. I still want Frisker Motorsport. ;D

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Callahan420

That's the plan :)

More frequents updates will be great!

This is what made the MP in flatout fun... expecially in deathmatch when you could smash your friend coming at 300 mph... the feeling when you would hit the other car at that speed was crazy

Or just looking at your opponent missing the target and hitting the wall full speed

I disagree to the fullest extent of disagreeing.
We DO NOT need nitro.

Raidx

I disagree to the fullest extent of disagreeing.
We DO NOT need nitro.

Usually, those who say that play that game alone versus random players and just want to win the race

but when you have friends playing and everyone is on teamspeak... there is no way you can say No to Nitro.

Now come one... you want your smile stuck on your face for the entire gameplay period... add Nitro. Really, the only ones I heard that didnt want Nitro are the lone wolfs... but this game is all about MP and smashing into a friend at low speed is no fun.

Now tell me your side of the story... why dont you want Nitro in... and tell me, do you play this game (or flatout) with any friends?

Lari Fari

Sorry, but I really don't see the connection there. A game can be fun with AND without nitro, with friends AND alone. And I don't think the two correlate much.

Nitro does not fit the semirealistic feel of the game.

Many games overdo it with nitro. Motorstorm is a good example. It was all about the nitro. You just couldn't win without it. And thats not good. So I'd rather have no nitro than that...

I am not even totally opposed to nitro in NCG. But if it were to happen I would only want it to be in a believable way:

- You can use it once per race. Then its empty. You can't recharge it in any way.
- The effect is realistic. It will give you some extra hps but not have you go at hyperspeed...
Gaming Since 1989

Zebulon55

Hopefully some DLC down the line will add nitro, and we'll each be able to decide for ourselves which version to play.

I like nitro as implemented in the Flatout series and GGE, and would welcome the chance to have it.

/ I think nitro might have been discussed before.  :o  ::)  :P  ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Zebulon55

The only thing I have to say is that "Deathmatch" sounds more like an FPS game rather than a driving game. I hope in later builds it will be changed to "Last Man Driving" or "Last Team Driving"

Agreed.
"Deathmatch" is boring & hackneyed.  ::)
This game mode needs a name more in the style of "The Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash".  ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannonball_Baker_Sea-To-Shining-Sea_Memorial_Trophy_Dash

Deathmatch\ Team Deathmatch not boring in Gas Guzzlers Extreme. Zeb I'm hosting GGE tonight.

I almost forgot, if there team Deathmatch mode, that mean we one step away from having a Capture the Flag mode in NCG?? 

Oops! I missed your comment when it was current, Purple.

To clarify, I meant that the name "deathmatch" was boring & overused and that the game mode we call "deathmatch" should exist, but with a more colorful name.
"The Ragdoll Driver Memorial BomberBash", or something less cheesy.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Raidx

Sorry, but I really don't see the connection there. A game can be fun with AND without nitro, with friends AND alone. And I don't think the two correlate much.

- You can use it once per race. Then its empty. You can't recharge it in any way.
- The effect is realistic. It will give you some extra hps but not have you go at hyperspeed...

I agree about having the option to turn it on or off... it always been like this in Flatout

But I dont agree about your "realistic nitro" mode tho... I watched an interview with bugbear a couple of years ago and they said that the most important point for them when building a game was to make it fun... not realistic and thats why Flatout was rated so high by everyone.

Lari Fari

Well nitro as it was, was great for FlatOut. But the same nitro system wouldn't fit in NCG. So IF there were to be a nitro in NCG ever, it should be semirealsitic like the rest of the game.
Gaming Since 1989