Author Topic: A teaser of things to come  (Read 8863 times)

sam223

Well nitro as it was, was great for FlatOut. But the same nitro system wouldn't fit in NCG. So IF there were to be a nitro in NCG ever, it should be semirealsitic like the rest of the game.
+1,and not everyone agrees that it was more 'fun'. Personally i think TD:EoD,dirt track racing 2 and destruction derby 1 were better than flatout,partially because there was no magic nitro button.The problem with adding massive game changing mechanisms as a option is it creates unbalance between the field.If its a fixed multi-player host option players will cheat and turn it on even if it displayed as off. If its not in game,you dont risk either.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:48:16 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

chylex

Well nitro as it was, was great for FlatOut. But the same nitro system wouldn't fit in NCG. So IF there were to be a nitro in NCG ever, it should be semirealsitic like the rest of the game.
+1,and not everyone agrees that it was more 'fun'. Personally i think TD:EoD,dirt track racing 2 and destruction derby 1 were better than flatout,partially because there was no magic nitro button.The problem with adding massive game changing mechanisms as a option is it creates unbalance between the field.If its a fixed multi-player host option players will cheat and turn it on even if it displayed as off. If its not in game,you dont risk either.

I would just like to add that cheating nitro is an issue with the multiplayer design of flatout. The game probably sends something like "this is my speed" message, or maybe even worse "this is my current position", and the host cannot tell if that information is valid or not. If done properly, the client would send "I am holding the nitro key", and the server would decide whether nitro is enabled, whether the player has any nitro at all, and then update the logic for all players. This applies to any mechanic in the game, not just nitro - if another mechanic is done the same bad way, people will cheat there instead.

Usmovers_02

I disagree that FO nitro wouldn't fit in NCG. I think it would be fun and doesn't have to change the dynamics of the cars. Plus it's a GREAT way to encourage destroying the environment. Of all the things likely being omitted nitro is the least of my concerns but id like to see it in the game.

Adenru

I disagree that FO nitro wouldn't fit in NCG. I think it would be fun and doesn't have to change the dynamics of the cars. Plus it's a GREAT way to encourage destroying the environment. Of all the things likely being omitted nitro is the least of my concerns but id like to see it in the game.
Also great way to increase lag impact, nitro and overall speed is probably the reason why in FO2 cars teleport all over the place even with no-so-high pings while FO1 runs plays fine even if you play with person on other side of globe.

Usmovers_02

It drives me crazy when features are left out of SP because of MP. There are better reasons to leave out nitro than that.

Adenru

It drives me crazy when features are left out of SP because of MP. There are better reasons to leave out nitro than that.
Of course there are.
Like it would't fit.

dgrams2003

I find myself unable to catch up when making a mistake in a RACE.  (Not figure 8, but other tracks)
I always wish I could hit my A button on my controller on the straightaways and nitro a bit.  :)
PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

Usmovers_02

Of course there are.
Like it would't fit.

I do disagree as this is not a sim and is supposed to be a FO successor but it really really doesn't matter to me. I'd rather it be in than out but really don't care one way or another.

LUNITIC_WILL

I do disagree as this is not a sim and is supposed to be a FO successor but it really really doesn't matter to me. I'd rather it be in than out but really don't care one way or another.
exactly what i have been feeling
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present