Author Topic: Anyone looking for a new great MOBA game?!  (Read 3044 times)

sailingisfun

Hey guys, I thought many players might be interested in getting involved in other new interesting MOBA games different to what they are now playing. So I decided to make such a suggestion, as it has been a while before I could find anything decent free to play myself. It is called Wind of Luck: Arena. Anyway, the game is to do with dynamic ship battles on the sea what I like the most about it, pirates and fighting each other using cannons and carronades  ;) It is a session-based game dedicated to naval battles of the age of sail warships. It’s a unique opportunity to feel like a commander or pirate captain in the midst of a furious sea fight. So anyone who likes naval battles or pirates would just really enjoy the game.  :D

Lari Fari

Hey thanks for the hint. I might check it out at some point. But please, if you're going to advertise your game here, at least do it in the "other games" section... "NCG multiplayer" is hardly the right place for this ;-)
Gaming Since 1989

sailingisfun

Great you are going to check the game out  :) I will now try to place my topic into 'other games' section if I can manage it

Lari Fari

I'm afraid you'll have to ask a moderator to do that. But I figure it will happen anyhow sooner or later ;)
Gaming Since 1989

Majatek

I'd love to help out and move it to the correct board, but for some reason I keep on getting an error message every time I attempt to move the topic.

...This is weird. :-[
YouTube - Twitter

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Jukka Merikanto

I'd love to help out and move it to the correct board, but for some reason I keep on getting an error message every time I attempt to move the topic.

I managed to move it. We're investigating why moving topics with moderator status is not working.
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

Purple44

I managed to move it. We're investigating why moving topics with moderator status is not working.

Does it have something to with why we get an error message if make a new topic? But with this error, new topic still get made.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Jukka Merikanto

Does it have something to with why we get an error message if make a new topic? But with this error, new topic still get made.

Yes it did. Both issues should be fixed now.
Jukka Merikanto
Senior Level Designer

sailingisfun

Thank you for your help with moving my topic :) I was actually doubting if I could manage it!

sailingisfun

Any more opinions on the game, please?  ;D

sailingisfun

Hey guys, here a new very useful patch to the game 0.6.53. was released ;) I thought some players might find it interesting

- A beautiful and very informative F1 Help screen with 3 tabs - basic controls, advanced controls and keyboard map.
- An option to see the name of a ship in game (Alt key)
- Enemy names now appear in red in around 0.75 miles distance
- Sails now sorted by tiers in Store
- A crash caused by battle chat bug is fixed
- Some preparations for introducing gold items and promo codes are made.

Aerotactics

- Some preparations for introducing gold items and promo codes are made.

What are gold items, and how are they acquired?

sailingisfun

Thank you for your interest  :) So, the following additional things can be bought for gold in the game:

Additional slots for ships
Special barrels for catapults (smoke, grapeshot, mine)
Flags
Premium ships (less expensive repair, 25% more battle rewards)
Admiral Account (50% more battle rewards)

Gold can be bought in its turn on the site of the game, using a card or paypal.

If you have some more questions please ask  :)

Lari Fari

I guess thats what Aerotactics was after... :P
Gaming Since 1989

Aerotactics

I guess thats what Aerotactics was after... :P

It was, good eye Lari.

@top I respect your choice of adding micro-transactions, but I was hoping this wasn't the case.

I could write a novel about why I think the game is heading in a bad direction (very opinionated of course), but I'm just going to be nice and say that you shouldn't advertise -- what sounds like -- pay to win games on a forum that has nothing to do with NCG. While this would be the correct place for the introduction of a game, the fact that your username is "sailingisfun" suggests that this was intended to be a free advertisement space.

I'm reporting you to moderators to decide what we do from here. Best wishes in your game development, but please don't advertise in these forums anymore.