Author Topic: Driver error  (Read 1342 times)

sam223

I have a Ati Radeon HD 4850. When i use drivers from 2009 the game runs fine no issues. When i update to the most recent drivers 2013 the game loads but but all visuals are displayed like im using xray (inverted colours,models are rendered but its almost as if there is no refresh,they just keep rendering on top of each other) with a small square in the top left displaying the proper colours but only shows sky.

Any ideas?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Aerotactics

My first thought would be to turn off the grass slider, uncheck AA, and uncheck VSync. See if that helps.

sam223

My first thought would be to turn off the grass slider, uncheck AA, and uncheck VSync. See if that helps.
Tried that,it starts to glitch as soon as the garage is loaded directly after the bugbear loading screen.
The only reason I noticed this is because I had to update drivers in order to play planetary annihilation.Everything else (PA,rfactor,nascar heat,Natural Selection 2 etc etc) seems to run fine with the new drivers,just not NCG
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:38:23 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Aerotactics

Tried that,it starts to glitch as soon as the garage is loaded directly after the bugbear loading screen.
The only reason I noticed this is because I had to update drivers in order to play planetary annihilation.Everything else (PA,rfactor,nascar heat,Natural Selection 2 etc etc) seems to run fine with the new drivers,just not NCG

Strange. Do you have any mods installed? Or are you using TexMod perhaps?

I'll be honest, I have no idea what's going on, but the more info the better lol.

sam223

Strange. Do you have any mods installed? Or are you using TexMod perhaps?

I'll be honest, I have no idea what's going on, but the more info the better lol.
No mods.Its not really a problem at the minute.Since i can just update to play PA then roll back for everything else.But if for some reason i have to update the drivers to play NCG in the future.....

Tapio Vierros

Make sure there is no forced antialiasing enabled in the GPU control panel (Catalyst Control Center in the case of ATI) as this sounds like an issue caused by that (though screenshot would be helpful in confirming that!) - our rendering technique of choice does not play well with traditional anti-aliasing.

sam223

Make sure there is no forced antialiasing enabled in the GPU control panel (Catalyst Control Center in the case of ATI) as this sounds like an issue caused by that (though screenshot would be helpful in confirming that!) - our rendering technique of choice does not play well with traditional anti-aliasing.
Thanks Tapio,exactly what the problem was.By default it wasnt set to 'use application setting'