Author Topic: Multiplayer Server Port  (Read 30577 times)

rauf00

Be sure to override in router that your PC is connecting with it always in the same IP. It's called Static IP.
Without it, after opening ports, and restarting router...PC can join with another IP (with closed ports).

Here's simple way to do that in Windows
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

DawG^

I just found out something guys!
My port forwarding was OK. I hosted almost every day and the server was always full.
I haven't played in 2 weeks and today i started hosting again but nobody joined. I test my port forwarding (simple port tester) and they are closed.
Found out that my local IP had changed. Don't know why and don't know how.
Check this if you have troubles.
AMD X6 1090T - 8GB RAM - MSI R9 390 - WIN10 X64

Purple44

Be sure to override in router that your PC is connecting with it always in the same IP. It's called Static IP.
Without it, after opening ports, and restarting router...PC can join with another IP (with closed ports).

Here's simple way to do that in Windows
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

With my Netgear router I did not have to go the static IP route. I enable this option and set a custom range of IP addresses for router to use:

Use Router as DHCP Server
Starting IP Address    . . .
Ending IP Address    . . .

Router set a custom IP address to each my 3 computers. These IP addresses never change from day to day. They always stay the same.

You right rauf00 that you should check your router settings and make sure router not changing IP address every time computer starts up. For port forwarding to work behind a router, IP address for each computer need to match the same IP address use in the settings when a port is forward to a certain computer in the network.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tiedeman

OK..what to put where??

besweeet

Is it really UDP 33540? I forwarded it the same way I have my other working ports, and I can't seem to get anyone into my hosted session. Never mind. I just didn't wait long enough :).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:18:03 AM by besweeet »

Surfer

Listen guys I have no idea how to make this, I have my ports open and I tried all of these numbers. If someone could make a video or even just really good steps this would help out a lot. Thanks

tamworthleon

All this means nothing to me. Im on vergin media and gave one of these super hub things but get into it and comes up with loads of bloody options. can anyone with the same set up help me out please?

Porxster

Make sure to go back and close the ports after you're done hosting games.
Unless you want your network to be exposed to hackers.
Awesome router guide BTW

besweeet

Awesome router guide BTW

Shouldn't the ports only be active when a local program requests access to them?

Rabbit80

Awesome router guide BTW

Shouldn't the ports only be active when a local program requests access to them?

If you use port triggering then yes - however whether or not triggering works with Wreckfest depends if the game actually requests to open the port.

A better solution for WF might be if BB implement uPNP.
Cooler Master N-Series N500 • MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
i5 4670K • 16GB 1600MHz Kingston HyperX RAM
Aerocool Strike-X 800W PSU
2x Zotac GTX760 SLi
2x 512GB Crucial MX500 SSD (Raid 0) • 2x 2TB Seagate SSHD (Raid 0) • 1x 3TB WD Red
1x Kingston 30GB mSATA SSD (Page file)
xBox 360 Wireless Controller

besweeet

If you use port triggering then yes - however whether or not triggering works with Wreckfest depends if the game actually requests to open the port.

UPnP bothers me, since any app can open a port whenever it wants to without telling me (I think). Would rather manually open and close a port when need be.

Rabbit80

UPnP bothers me, since any app can open a port whenever it wants to without telling me (I think). Would rather manually open and close a port when need be.

Then disable it on your router.. For everyone else (without tinfoil hats) uPNP is easy and ideal.  :P
2x Zotac GTX760 SLi
2x 512GB Crucial MX500 SSD (Raid 0) • 2x 2TB Seagate SSHD (Raid 0) • 1x 3TB WD Red

Stuntman-Lee

Can someone just confirm Im doing this right? I have BTHomeHub3.
Ive set the ports to open

And the computer on my network I'm using

Or correct me if I'm wrong - many thanks
Lee
PC Spec: I5 4670K, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition
www.NIBangerRacingSpectator.com
Facebook
YouTube

Rabbit80

That looks OK Lee.

If it is not working, ensure that if your antivirus has built in firewall that it also has the ports open - and Windows firewall if necessary as well.
2x Zotac GTX760 SLi

RGoody

What do I put in for server IP? My router is saying my IPv4 is 10.0.0.8. Tried that, no luck...

I'm new to port forwarding...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:34:24 AM by RGoody »