Author Topic: Multiplayer Server Port  (Read 36995 times)

besweeet

"Server IP" would be the IP of the computer you're planning on hosting the game from. If 10.0.8 is the IP of it, and it really didn't work, then I don't know, except getting a router that isn't from Comcast :).

RGoody

"Server IP" would be the IP of the computer you're planning on hosting the game from. If 10.0.8 is the IP of it, and it really didn't work, then I don't know, except getting a router that isn't from Comcast :).
Trust me, thats the next thing im going to do. tired of dealing with their cheap router crap...

Do I need to do anything with port triggering?

RGoody

So it started working, this was after a computer reset and after getting the same 10.0.0.8 IP. I think that the game needed to be restarted for setting sto take place. Thanks for your help!

Purple44

Here a fix posted over at Steam today:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/610573009251997462/?tscn=1424684765

Quote from: MarcroM
Portforwarding done. And noboby can see my Game?

Quote from: MarcroM;610573009252013242
My Problem was my provider Willy.tel. They are using DS-Lite, and than you have no Ipv4 Adress but you need it for Portforwarding/Host a Game. You can check this by the overview on the Router settings. I call my Provider and now ihave normal DS with an Ipv4 Adress and it Works ?health?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

CoolioNRW

Hey guys,

first of all: Great game! Me and my friends really enjoy playing it.

The main problem is. We are all having isp´s that offer only ipv6 and no one can activate port-forwarding.
The isp can not setup an ipv4 for me and the others.

Is there another way to host a server?

Best regards
Sebastian

besweeet

Hey guys,

first of all: Great game! Me and my friends really enjoy playing it.

The main problem is. We are all having isp´s that offer only ipv6 and no one can activate port-forwarding.
The isp can not setup an ipv4 for me and the others.

Is there another way to host a server?

Best regards
Sebastian

So what happens when you visit http://ip-adress.com/?

CoolioNRW

So what happens when you visit http://ip-adress.com/?

It says:

Meine IP: 46.223.xxx.xx
Ort der IP Adresse: Riedlingen in ip address flag   Germany
ISP: Kabel BW

Mazay

I found easy android app:  Droid UPnP Port Mapper
Should let you port forward even without access to router configuration just if UPnP is enabled and you're in same wifi with computer.

Find your computer's internal ip:
Shortcut: Windows+R > type: cmd /k ipconfig > copy the IPv4 Address
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:13:27 PM by Mazay »

HardcoreSHIFT

Guys, is it necessary to have static IP from your provider, like, external IP or whatever..? I ve set static IP, i ve opened those ports and even with firewall shut down they are unreachable... I ve spent many hours trying to figure it out but still the same result.

WorldofBay

Guys, is it necessary to have static IP from your provider, like, external IP or whatever..? I ve set static IP, i ve opened those ports and even with firewall shut down they are unreachable... I ve spent many hours trying to figure it out but still the same result.

normally no you don't need static ip. you need the ip to not change while server is up but afterwards or previous doesn't matter. if you put up a dedicated server you need static ip, for simple multiplayer host you normally don't.
is you computer reachable for other connections via ip? so for programs other than wreckfest?
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Mazay

Static IP is not needed. External IP with ports accessible from internet is needed.
Usual problem is NAT (network address translation). NAT's idea is that one address is shared with multiple computers. Iex. mail arrives to bugbear office box number 10. Mail forwarding rule is needed to further reach correct desk of coder.

Usually the NAT is created in home router. (home have shared IP) ...and can be port forwarded to work with wreckfest. Are you sure you forwarded ports in router settings?
Sometimes NAT is in operator level (neighbours have shared IP) In that case servers wont usually work. That's case for my mobile data and school for example.

Purple44

Is your gaming computer behind a router with other computers?

My 3 computers are assign custom IP addresses, then when I port forward a port, the port is forward to the custom IP address assign to my gaming computer.

CrySpy

The most common error is that the IP that is forwarded to, that is the server, is set to be the external IP. The server IP in port forwarding is supposed to be the local IP of the server. Otherwise troubleshooting without knowing your exact settings will be just guessing.

HardcoreSHIFT

normally no you don't need static ip. you need the ip to not change while server is up but afterwards or previous doesn't matter. if you put up a dedicated server you need static ip, for simple multiplayer host you normally don't.
is you computer reachable for other connections via ip? so for programs other than wreckfest?

Well, i have no problems using torrents for example..

It s pretty simple here: Socket -> modem -> my PC.. modem s adress is 10.0.0.138, I ve set my PC to 10.0.0.167 and set rules to forward to this adress..

It was driving me mad so i decided to call my ISP (again).. That time I was told that my portforwarding was done right however my adress "range" is not public.. ergo ports not visible. I was told to try visiting them personally with modem so maybe they could "do" something with it.. anyway thank you guys for help..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:29:50 AM by HardcoreSHIFT »

Purple44

Hmm, with Charter cable I have public IP that is shown to the internet. Everybody in my neighborhood has the same public IP I believe.

If your ISP does not have a public IP address, nobody can see your host online.

Try this simple test I just found at Google, paste "see public IP address" in Google window. When I did that I got this:

Your public IP address