Author Topic: Multiplayer Server Port  (Read 33520 times)

Purple44

Sometimes it can be tricky getting your server\ player host to show up on host list so some players can join:

Online Multiplayer-Spiel für Freunde mit Bots...

Quote from: Thunder Bullet;152391285467298063
This problem was fixed. For future reference:

What happened?
Server didn't show up in the server list and friends couldn't join

Solved by:
-Disabling the Windows Firewall
-Installing all Windows 7 updates that have anything to do with network
-installing VC++ Redistributable 2015
-Forwarding required ports 27015, 27016 and 33500 in router
-Setting router to use a port that is not 27016 (which it used for HTTPS connections for some reason)
-Uninstalling Hamachi, which hijacked the connection and wouldn't let network services connect properly

This technically can be closed unless anyone wants to comment on this

Quote from: BadMan;152391285467347804
Thunder Bullet did it! 2Hours hard work and three People are Lucky now! THX to him!

Quote from: Purple44;152391285467611366
Good hear you guys figure this out, that a lot figuing it look like you guys did. Will have repost this in the hosting thread over at Bugbear forum. Got Couple questions thou:

1. What is VC, it not ringing a bell with me?

2. Could you explain this more? This is not forwarding of ports, this something else?  "-Setting router to use a port that is not 27016 (which it used for HTTPS connections for some reason)"

3. What router is this? Is some these issues because of the brand of router Badman using? I have a Netgear router.

Quote from: Thunder Bullet;152391285467985255
1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

2. The router was accessible via web browser as https, which has a port assigned to it. This router somehow had 27016 assigned to https, so it blocked steam communication then. Setting it to some other port fixed this

3. Fritx!Box, don't ask me which model it was. Shouldn't really matter though, many of them have the same firmware
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Jamessmava

Ive been trying to join someones multiplayer server, it has mods on it so I downloaded all of the mods for the server, unzipped them, put them in the fs17 mod file, and checked to make sure that they were appearing in the mods section of fs17, updated each of them through there, and its still saying that I dont have all of the required mods/dlc installed to join.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sam223

Ive been trying to join someones multiplayer server, it has mods on it so I downloaded all of the mods for the server, unzipped them, put them in the fs17 mod file, and checked to make sure that they were appearing in the mods section of fs17, updated each of them through there, and its still saying that I dont have all of the required mods/dlc installed to join.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The mods have to be identical to the server. In version type and order they are loaded. Wreckfest loads mods in the order they are on the mod list. Top is loaded first,then anything below is loaded after,overwriting any files in the mod above that are the same. So you can make mods, of mods, of mods, of mods, of mods, if you wanted.

If either order or version number are wrong,you cant join
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2