Author Topic: Multiplayer Server Port  (Read 57731 times)

Purple44

Sometimes it can be tricky getting your server\ player host to show up on host list so some players can join:

Online Multiplayer-Spiel für Freunde mit Bots...

Quote from: Thunder Bullet;152391285467298063
This problem was fixed. For future reference:

What happened?
Server didn't show up in the server list and friends couldn't join

Solved by:
-Disabling the Windows Firewall
-Installing all Windows 7 updates that have anything to do with network
-installing VC++ Redistributable 2015
-Forwarding required ports 27015, 27016 and 33500 in router
-Setting router to use a port that is not 27016 (which it used for HTTPS connections for some reason)
-Uninstalling Hamachi, which hijacked the connection and wouldn't let network services connect properly

This technically can be closed unless anyone wants to comment on this

Quote from: BadMan;152391285467347804
Thunder Bullet did it! 2Hours hard work and three People are Lucky now! THX to him!

Quote from: Purple44;152391285467611366
Good hear you guys figure this out, that a lot figuing it look like you guys did. Will have repost this in the hosting thread over at Bugbear forum. Got Couple questions thou:

1. What is VC, it not ringing a bell with me?

2. Could you explain this more? This is not forwarding of ports, this something else?  "-Setting router to use a port that is not 27016 (which it used for HTTPS connections for some reason)"

3. What router is this? Is some these issues because of the brand of router Badman using? I have a Netgear router.

Quote from: Thunder Bullet;152391285467985255
1. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

2. The router was accessible via web browser as https, which has a port assigned to it. This router somehow had 27016 assigned to https, so it blocked steam communication then. Setting it to some other port fixed this

3. Fritx!Box, don't ask me which model it was. Shouldn't really matter though, many of them have the same firmware
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Jamessmava

Ive been trying to join someones multiplayer server, it has mods on it so I downloaded all of the mods for the server, unzipped them, put them in the fs17 mod file, and checked to make sure that they were appearing in the mods section of fs17, updated each of them through there, and its still saying that I dont have all of the required mods/dlc installed to join.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sam223

Ive been trying to join someones multiplayer server, it has mods on it so I downloaded all of the mods for the server, unzipped them, put them in the fs17 mod file, and checked to make sure that they were appearing in the mods section of fs17, updated each of them through there, and its still saying that I dont have all of the required mods/dlc installed to join.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The mods have to be identical to the server. In version type and order they are loaded. Wreckfest loads mods in the order they are on the mod list. Top is loaded first,then anything below is loaded after,overwriting any files in the mod above that are the same. So you can make mods, of mods, of mods, of mods, of mods, if you wanted.

If either order or version number are wrong,you cant join
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Nylan

Trying to host a dedicated server on a windows 10 computer, it starts but I can't see it from both LAN and Internet Tab on my gaming computer.
  • Installed WreckFest Dedicated server from Steam
  • Started server with default config file
  • Tried to use WreckFest Server Manager (installed from Workshop) to start the server with a nice UI
  • Added rules for the .exe
  • Added rules for all 3 ports
  • Disabled Windows10 firewall
nothing has worked.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:26:59 AM by Nylan »

Finsku

Trying to host a dedicated server on a windows 10 computer, it starts but I can't see it from both LAN and Internet Tab on my gaming computer.
  • Installed WreckFest Dedicated server from Steam
  • Started server with default config file
  • Tried to use WreckFest Server Manager (installed from Workshop) to start the server with a nice UI
  • Added rules for the .exe
  • Added rules for all 3 ports
  • Disabled Windows10 firewall
nothing has worked.

Are your forwarded ports 27015 and 27016 (both TCP and UDP) and the 33540 (UDP only)?
Check from your config file that the ports are the same with forwarded ports.
Add same ports on you W10 firewall (it's good to keep on)
Tried to restart router after port forwarding?

Nylan

Yep, still checking,
found an app using 27015 udp  => fixed

launched a simple port tester to confirm all is ok on that side

? command shows status : lobby

but I still can't see the server on both LAN and Internet Tabs.

Code: [Select]
server_name=Nylan's racing
welcome_message=Testing server
password=
admin_steam_ids=
max_players=24
car_reset_disabled=0
car_reset_delay=5
clear_users=1
owner_disabled=1
lan=0
steam_port=27015
game_port=33540
query_port=27016
track=sandpit3_long_loop
gamemode=racing
bots=0
num_teams=2
laps=3
time_limit=20
elimination_interval=0
car_class_restriction=c
car_restriction=
wrong_way_limiter_disabled=0
special_vehicles_disabled=1
vehicle_damage=realistic
weather=
frequency=high

I must be missing the point somewhere.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:58:45 PM by Nylan »

Finsku

So far everything looks correct.
I'm not sure, but if I remember right WreckFest Server Manager could use its own server config file... but really, I'm not sure about this.
Did you verified your game files?
Oh, and are you using wreckfest_32 or wreckfest_64 exe file for server hosting? I had to manually copy _64.exe because Steam didn't update that exe in "server" folder.

Daystar

---oops-- delete my comment mods
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:43:31 AM by Daystar »

Daystar

I had major greaf in hosting a lobby, ports forwarded correctly etc.
I used a program called "simple port tester", online testers don´t show the port status correctly.
After that, don't know what actually happened, program told ports were open and my lobby finally showed to other players.
Works now!

Well that's a good thing :-) hopefully some day I will host my own server. never done that before - sounds like a fun thing to do though

Edit: I must be in the Twilight Zone... please never mind me. plus excessive drinking never helps lmao
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:47:30 AM by Daystar »

Purple44

When using WreckFest Server Manager, did you check mark LAN use Steam option?

I needed to do this get my server seen online.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel