Author Topic: Build #6 Live! Official Name Revealed, Multiplayer Introduced  (Read 37206 times)

mahu

Wreckfest - I love it - had so much Fun tonight in Multiplayer.
Great Work Bugbear!

Conte Zero

What I really CAN'T understand is how do you get those crisp, jag-free pics
Im running NCG at 1440x900 (I know, poor screen ) everything maxed out, antialias on, and I still see aliasing on my cars, expecially when I pause the race to take pics
Where am I failing at????
The ridicolous fact: GPU is a GTX780ti!
Saippuakivikauppias

dgrams2003

Wreckfest - I love it - had so much Fun tonight in Multiplayer.
Great Work Bugbear!
+1
PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

TPEHAK

Awesome!
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

MSPORTBMW

Well i have to say i did struggle to get into a mp game...kept getting server error etc....and very laggy.
But, since you gave us the 80mb hotfix, it has improved very much and had some nice races on the speedway. Also not getting booted from lobby now while waiting for a race to finish.

Great work guys

Bobby Koticks

Add a goddamn scrollbar to multi-player chatbox  >:(

:D
my opinions are facts

PoppySquidJr

Add a goddamn scrollbar to multi-player chatbox  >:(

:D

on top of this note, I'd love to see the chatbox extend to gameplay too with some sort of button to bring it up. It'd be nice to send a message inbetween deaths in Team Deathmatch, or hear what the people watching or waiting have to say

Mohasz

• Improved start positions in Figure 8 track
Why? It was so tense (in a good way) cars starting that close together.

Iwasawa

Please do something with this multiplayer sync.... this is just still horrible.... Why cant we have our cars controlled by our clients?
Also the tracks are boring as HELL.

ThomasMink

Game seems to run a bit smoother for me, but I dunno.

Haven't tried multiplayer.. and I likely won't, because.

Love the new car.

New track does what it set out to do.

The new name is... ok... but sounds like it's trying to be 'EXTREME!'. Plus, kinda hard to top the enigmatic allure of 'Next Car Game'. :)

My car still feels sticky.. like if I even so much as slightly graze another car, it's like a magnet. Especially annoying when I lightly bump another car in the back while racing.
Mink's YouTube
----------
My aged PC: AMD FX-6200 (3.8 GHz), 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 560, Win7 64-bit
Oh.. and keyboard control

szutyi93

Anyone have trouble with G27 wheel because the force feedback is bad as hell.

Purple44

What I really CAN'T understand is how do you get those crisp, jag-free pics
Im running NCG at 1440x900 (I know, poor screen ) everything maxed out, antialias on, and I still see aliasing on my cars, expecially when I pause the race to take pics
Where am I failing at????
The ridicolous fact: GPU is a GTX780ti!

This work for an AMD video card, will it work for a Nvidia video card?

Problem: Blurred graphics? 
OK so liking the gameplay and it would be perfect - except for one thing...

The tires and the environment seem nice and sharp but the body of the cars paint looks blurred - I have tried everything but still nothing makes it go away. I have it set to correct resolution etc and even turned AA off too. This is what I got...

Screenshot taken in window mode with a lower res but looks the same everything else I tried.

Thanks

Solution:
Well - not defaulted windows 7 as such more defaulted my AMD Catalyst Control Center.

I navigated to AMD Catalyst Control Center -> preferences menu -> Restore Factory Defaults

This does delete all game profiles you have already created - but I just added mine back in (10 minute job)

Something to note on this too it make sure you disable anti-aliasing in the control center too - else the game will be white and distorted. This is not the in-game settings but the video card control panel!!

Further note - restoring to factory settings worked - but even when I set the settings manually myself this did not work. Only resetting using the preference option worked.

Cheers,
Jim
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Fisu

Please do something with this multiplayer sync.... this is just still horrible.... Why cant we have our cars controlled by our clients?
Also the tracks are boring as HELL.

Buhahaha if those racing tracks are boring you have to drive extreme slow... Or you are talent :D

Technically MP works quite well. There is lot of to tweek but good enough the dev time used to it.

My problem in MP is that I have rear full of damage and untouchable nose. If I am only with this maybe I play wrong game  :-\
Historic Rally Trophy Finland 2014 winner (co-driver)

metalslaw

yeah sorry, personally I dislike the name it sounds soooooo 2000 wreckfest, beerfest, fuckfest, cockfest its well oldschool :(

Stressed Metal is my input and im sure there will be haters but anything with fest at the end is just a cheese'fest !

MP rocks well done guys

I didn't mind the previous name, but agree that wreckfest is a bit generic as well.

As for the suggestion of 'Stressed Metal', not a fan of that either. How about 'Metal Slaw'? ... but that's my username :P

I think a good name would be 'Crash and Burn', reminising of the old crash n burn magazine where their were photos with captions while the accident was in progress. Hilarious reading back when I was a kid :)

As for the internet play! YES! Time to put my figure 8 racing skills to the test :P Love that mode! Downloading the 2.2g update atm, so won't get on til tommorrow, bah!

Cheers,
metal

/\ slaw is an old clan tag that I use to run in quake2/3, but I stuck with it because it sounds awesome in quake and racing games :P /\
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:02:01 PM by metalslaw »

Dillinja187

I remember using downsampling purple on NCG before I re-installed windows a while back...it works perfectly but results depend on monitor and GPU of course 780 ti will do well I think....basically u force game to run at higher rez than what your monitor is native for...mine is 1920x1200 but I was running 3200x2400 or 2880x1800 work perfectly well for me ....and as u could guess it was as crisp as a sunday morning in winter dude...google "downsampling "

I done it for u here :-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:26:58 PM by Dillinja187 »
Dillinja187 Wreckfest server :- Get Amongst it !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dillinja187sServer

HAF-X===i4770k @ 4.5===Dark Rock Pro 2===MSI X-POWER z87===Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme===16 Gb Corsair 1866mhz=== Corsair 1200i PSU===X2 Samsung Evo Pro 256===Phillips 40" 4K monitor 4065uc===Win 8.1