Author Topic: Secret Unlockable/Cheat Tracks?  (Read 2518 times)

dbs213

If you remember NFS 3 Hot Pursuit for the PSX, it had bonus tracks that had these unusual environments. Some involve underwater tunnels, a slot car track, or even a space ship.

For NCG, maybe we could have a derby tabletop that gradually becomes smaller as chunks of the area fall out, a football field (something like that seen in the Stunt arena), a hollywood studio themed race track where you crash through movie sets and maybe even an RC track where all the cars are reduced to 1/8th of their size and their engine noises become squeaky.

How does this sound?
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Speedevil

Sounds fun.  :)

69Imperial

a hollywood studio themed race track where you crash through movie sets
HELL YEAH.
One part with a part of San Francisco with huge hilly streets as a reference to Bullitt, one with driving under El Train trains with a draw-bridge jump as a reference to the Blues Brothers.
Playing Flatout online has made me hate people who can't speak English and shove their nationalities in your face.

Usmovers_02

I can see that being pretty kickass.

Purple44

If you remember NFS 3 Hot Pursuit for the PSX, it had bonus tracks that had these unusual environments. Some involve underwater tunnels, a slot car track, or even a space ship.

For NCG, maybe we could have a derby tabletop that gradually becomes smaller as chunks of the area fall out, a football field (something like that seen in the Stunt arena), a hollywood studio themed race track where you crash through movie sets and maybe even an RC track where all the cars are reduced to 1/8th of their size and their engine noises become squeaky.

How does this sound?

Like weave your way though the football players in Flatout 2? The Lineman are heavy and will not fall over, but the quarterbacks will.

Finish line:
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dbs213

How does this sound?

Like weave your way though the football players in Flatout 2? The Lineman are heavy and will not fall over, but the quarterbacks will.

Finish line:

I was thinking of having training equipment clutter and a HUGE american football to push around, but that will do...
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

X

Why not have a football (soccer) field instead? You can push other vehicles through the net.  :)

Usmovers_02

Soccer is always a fun distraction in arcade racing games. I don't think an American football would work very well. It's hard enough hitting a perfectly round ball.

Purple44

We do have Heddly's soccer ball to knock around:

Soccer Derby - new game mode in DD pack

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dbs213

I looooooooooove Portal 2's eye candy fest.
How about having a derby arena based on these designs?

(These pictures were too big so I'm placing links here)
http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/c/c4/Aperture_old_logo_back.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2qjNo5qp87U/TbZh4Am3uWI/AAAAAAAAAtM/4ihWRyZ50qs/s1600/2011-04-19_00009.jpg

It's like an arena set somewhere down an old industrial area.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:23:42 AM by dbs213 »