Author Topic: Bugbear - Can you please decrease # of tires around pole on Sandpit1 track?  (Read 5647 times)

Usmovers_02

I personally am really hoping for them to double or triple the amount of physics objects on tracks. At LEAST to the level of FO:UC.

Adenru

I personally am really hoping for them to double or triple the amount of physics objects on tracks. At LEAST to the level of FO:UC.
Please, no! Not the tire hell!

Usmovers_02

You know sometimes I really wonder how Flatout fans found their way here. The game people want seems so far from FO to me. No nitro, no ragdolls, no physics objects, no mini games... we are not on the same page lol:P
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:15:27 PM by Usmovers_02 »
Kyitties and Kars :D

More on my deviantart page: http://usmovers02.deviantart.com/art/Hello-Kitty-v4-420432700

BrianUK

I always chuckle when I go round a corner and I'm met with tyres all over the place, then I have to wade through a sea of them. Or even seeing a tyre wall explode as a car goes through it. More tyres I say, more for everyone!

Adenru

You sometimes I really wonder how Flatout fans found their way here. The game people want seems so far from FO to me. No nitro, no ragdolls, no physics objects, no mini games... we are not on the same page lol:P
Banger race, sandpits, forest, scrap cars...
Tires are not really physics object but rather a decoration. I find weird that Bugbear has problems with giving them weight considering they have weight in FO1 which is almost decade old.
There are a lot of objects that can take some participance in race, 3000 weightless tires per world are boringand probably take a lot of resources wince each of them needs physics calculated separately. There was a proposition to replace tires with tire stacks, I'd rather have them if they will have weight than meaningless and purely decorative tires.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:37:42 PM by Adenru »

Lari Fari

But the tyres aren't really weightless I think. When you drive into a big pile of them it slows you down. And when you slide into a row of them with your rear ist straightens our car. I actually like the way they behave. If the mass is to be increased I say only a few % not too much.

Gaming Since 1989

St. Jimmy

You sometimes I really wonder how Flatout fans found their way here. The game people want seems so far from FO to me. No nitro, no ragdolls, no physics objects, no mini games... we are not on the same page lol:P
Well I'd lik to see mini games and physics objects like in FO1 but mini games can be a little extra much later. There needs to be tire stacks like in FO1 so there's something to be afraid but it would also decrease the amount of physics objects which is only a good thing because then they can add more ;D Then I'd like to see alternative routes, jumps and other heavy physics objects. Bit more crazy would be welcome but not too much like in FO2.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Lari Fari

I am for more wooden constructions! Looks so awesome when the break! :D
Gaming Since 1989

Usmovers_02

The more types of physics objects the better!!

Mopower

I must take a side on this. Yes I'm much more interested in stimulation than arcade, but I love how fun this can be with hour realistic this game is with derbying on small stadium. Still want that mud track.

To the issue, I don't find the tires necessary in the derby track, but they definitely can serve as walls in the races.

Frisker

I am for more wooden constructions! Looks so awesome when the break! :D

I agree, the more the better!

But then again, people here are saying that they want more tires, and least of all not remove any. But then again 200 tyres flying around(Calculating 300 other things at the same time, online or offline) takes a lots of steam from computer. Some people may not have 6-8gb's of RAM, nor quad core CPU. Let alone decent GFX card, as they all cost money too.

The tire stack idea sounds good, it'll raise performance without much visual affection. Of course one thing is needs is optimization(Which is very good already, but of course could be better. But here the difficult part is Bugbear's resources). But to be honest it probably wouldn't hurt that much if say, 100 of the 300 tires would be removed from one corner, right? I don't think you'd notice it too well, plus it would probably improve the performance for a bit atleast.

Of course one other solution comes to mind. Why not make there graphics setting that lets you select the roadside objects(tyres etc) model and texture quality. On low settings they would barely have any textures and models would probably look like in PS2 game, but who cares since it adds a lot of performance. And the rest of the game can stay beautiful, and no one needs to touch the physics.

Sorry for possible typos and shizzle, it's 8AM and I just woke up. Damn tired since this is the first time in over a month since i've actually woken up before midday...

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Mopower

In the original Flatout, the cars had no nitrous in the derbies and they were better in my opinion. I like the small county fair type derbying and banger racing they've got going on.

Usmovers_02

Don't get me wrong Mopower, I don't DISLIKE WF at all. I think it's a brilliant game with a ton of potential. But so many things I consider to be FO staples seem to be either missing or unlikely to make the cut (Mini-games, ragdolls, high physics object counts ect)

Mopower

Don't get me wrong Mopower, I don't DISLIKE WF at all. I think it's a brilliant game with a ton of potential. But so many things I consider to be FO staples seem to be either missing or unlikely to make the cut (Mini-games, ragdolls, high physics object counts ect)
Again, in the original Flatout I can't say I found the mini games all that fun... The ragdolls were fun to watch like 10 times and there were fairly few objects to hit compared to Flatout uc. I liked the original Flatout quite a bit though I never got to play online. The online fun factor is huge for me, so that says a lot. They've gone back to their roots and don't feel the need to appeal to the arcade crowd, which is what I would place you in. Yes it's still arcade, but more a simcade.

Frisker

It's simply because WF isn't Flatout. It's only taking the core elements of the driving style, and makes it a bit more realistic to create better banger racing game.

It's kinda like the same reason I bought Red Dead Redemption, I knew the game wasn't GTA, but the developer was Rockstar Games so I bought it. And never regret it, it's awesome game. It has the core elements of Grand Theft Auto(Open world, choose which order you complete your missions and do whatever you want), but it's set in Wild West, and that alone makes it a completely different game.

Maybe you can't really compare those 2 franchises.. but what I'm trying to say here, that if R* for some reason lost their rights to GTA franchise, then they'd be left with Red Dead series. While roughly similar, it's not the same game, so they'd make sequels for it, but they couldn't please their fans with GTA content anymore. They'd do it a different game - still reconizable as the same studio's product, and where it has taken inspiration.

(Sorry for possible typos and possibly weird text, I wrote this just after having my morning coffee and can barely even sit here as I'm tired. Plus it's monday)

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM