Author Topic: Bugbear - Can you please decrease # of tires around pole on Sandpit1 track?  (Read 5736 times)

dbs213

I prefer this game to be a hybrid between Arcade and Sim. I don't really like getting taken out in a few hits TBH.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Mazay

Can you decrease the # of tires around there by a good 50% or give us options to turn 'em off?  Pweeeeeeeze?

You can turn tire physics off with little mod.
Folder data\property\object contains files which define mass of objects.
Copy ghost.dntp over tire.dntp and tirepile.dntp and tires become drive through ghost objects.

After the mod real tires on host will still slow your car down even you won't see where they are. This isn't however much of issue because tires are not that heavy. If you host game tires become massless for others.

Remember to backup everything before modding!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:16:38 PM by Mazay »

hande11

I think it would help Bugbear to optimize game, if all early access testers share their mem/cpu/graphics-card info too on issues like this. Let them know, what hardware you are running.

(I bet some reasonable amount of Bugbear resources are already used to optimize older hardware compatibility and implement needed settings to enable / disable many of the hardware-demanding bells and whistles. Bugbear people have a good track record on this. And then to get most of the finest looking bells and whistles, somewhat modern gaming hardware, ie.not older than 4-5 years, might reasonable to be expected)
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Lari Fari

somewhat modern gaming hardware, ie.not older than 4-5 years,

I would not consider 4-5 years old hardware "somewhat modern" :D
Gaming Since 1989

hande11

somewhat modern gaming hardware, ie.not older than 4-5 years,

I would not consider 4-5 years old hardware "somewhat modern" :D

I know what you mean, when you really have been bitten with gaming hobby:)

I have a Intel Core i5-2500K,8GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce non-ti GTX560 setup dating for 3.5 years back. With this i get pretty constant 45-60 fps with 1920/1080 resolution with halfway of the graphical settings up (including flying tires, and 20 other cars). Quite happy with gaming for this rig, considering it's a bit showing age already.. :) Although probably for Wreckfest 2.0, it won't do anymore  :-\
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:05:33 AM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"