Author Topic: AI Skins "fixed?"  (Read 8488 times)

Aerotactics

I noticed that AI skins can be equipped by the player offline, but not online, why is this the case?

Lari Fari

O hope its just bnot possible to mess with any game files when playing online. Although I have no cue how any of this works ;)
Gaming Since 1989

citizenerased

It might depend on how you're switching skins, online everyone has only got the option to pick 1 of 5 skins for each car, the AI use different sets of skins and since there aren't AI online all the cars will only have 1/5 available skins for their car.
If you're swapping it in memory on-the-fly I don't see why you can't swap one out for another. Only you will be able to see it though. It's the same with paint colours I can change them but nobody else can see them.
Specs: i7-4970k @ 4.6Ghz |  STRIX OC 1080Ti  |  32GB RAM  | Win10x64

Lari Fari

Aaah, very clever. That must be it! :)
Gaming Since 1989

Aerotactics

But even then, I cant internally set the paintjob to a default (1-5).

Purple44

It might depend on how you're switching skins, online everyone has only got the option to pick 1 of 5 skins for each car, the AI use different sets of skins and since there aren't AI online all the cars will only have 1/5 available skins for their car.
If you're swapping it in memory on-the-fly I don't see why you can't swap one out for another. Only you will be able to see it though. It's the same with paint colours I can change them but nobody else can see them.

Thanks for reminding me about AI skins. It been posted that Build #6 is unpacked. Off to see if I can swap in a purple Euro AI car skin.

In Flatout 2 there a mod to use AI skins on the stock cars.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

I went and checkout the Euro car folder and I was hoping to find this purple Euro skin ( a Bugbear pic from Kickstarter campaign ):

And unfortunately I was not able to find purple version of skin11. I think skin11 is the purple skin in the pic above. I did discovered if skin11 was rename to the 5 different skins slots, skin would change color.

Style 1 = black

Style 2 = orange

Style 3 = blue

Style 4 = yellow

Style 5 = red

I tried this trick with the stock skin #3 and did not work, all 5 slots showed the same skin:

But trick work on skin #1:

Have not tried this trick on the other stock and AI Euro skins. Here what the AI euro skins ( skins 3-7 ) look like:

Now if you want to swap out a stock skin for one the AI skins or maybe change the color here how:

First make a copy of the car folder you want to mod here:

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\data\art\vehicles

Number one rule when modding, back up your files first!!!!

Each skin has 4 files:

skin1_c5.bmap
skin1_damaged_c5.bmap
skin1_damaged_ns.bmap
skin1_ns.bmap

You would think skin 1, would be style 1 skin in the paint menu in-game, but you would be wrong.  :P In my testing I found these skins to be the stocks skins for the Euro car:

skin1 = style 5
skin2 = style 4
skin8 = style 2
skin9 = style 3
skin10 = style 1

So for an example if want to change stock skin of Euro car ( /02_european ), let take skin8 and rename it to skin1 so skin8 will load as style 5 for Euro car. First need to delete the 4 skin1 files ( you did make a copy of the euro car folder ? ), then make copies of the 4 skin8 files. Then rename each copy of the skin8 files to skin1:

Tip, you can leave Wreckfest running while tweaking the skin files. Just click on a skin in the paint menu to refresh the skin and hopefully you will see the new skin for style 5.

There 16 skins for the American sedan ( /03_american ), here one the AI skins loaded as Style 5:

So anybody else want to load the AI skins  of the other cars and take pics and post them here? Don't have to do them all, just pick a car to do and tell us which one you are working.

Part 2 next post
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 07:39:55 PM by Purple44 »

Needles Kane

Thanks Purple! Now I start tweaking my game files. Anybody know way to open those BMAP.files?

Bye the way, I think I know why skin #3 doesn't work like others. Do you remember when somebody of the devs said whole car is uvmapped but only details are drawn to skin. I think that is not case with skin #3. Main color comes also from skin file and it conceals base color. Default style #3 being matte supports my theory. Only base colors are glossy. Everything that comes from skin is matte.

Speedevil

Thanks Purp!  ;)
I'll start tweaking the first Muscle's skins.

citizenerased

Looking for a purple car?

Skin11 is actually just rust and dirt, no decals or anything, it's more or less a blank/dirty texture. I have however edited the paint files to create a purple paint file, and then edited the cars skin file to load the purple paint file as the default in slot 1.
Specs: i7-4970k @ 4.6Ghz |  STRIX OC 1080Ti  |  32GB RAM  | Win10x64

Purple44

Looking for a purple car?

Skin11 is actually just rust and dirt, no decals or anything, it's more or less a blank/dirty texture. I have however edited the paint files to create a purple paint file, and then edited the cars skin file to load the purple paint file as the default in slot 1.

Any chance of sending that purple texture file my way?  :D

What program you using to edit texture files? Does it need a plug-in for the .bmap file like the .dds plug-in Photoshop used to load Flatout 1 and 2 texture files?

Purple44

Part 2

While I was trying to find that purple skin file for the Euro car, in the process of tweaking\deleting\renaming the skin files, I accidentally found the purple alien driver been messing with the skins files while Bugbear back was turned:  ;)

Anybody tweaking and testing the stock skins files might come across this too. ;)

This "skin" work online too, but only you will see it, not the other players, they will see the stock skin their game loads for them. ( anybody know about ghost skins from Flatout 1 and 2? hint, hint )

Tero

Part 2

While I was trying to find that purple skin file for the Euro car, in the process of tweaking\deleting\renaming the skin files, I accidentally found the purple alien driver been messing with the skins files while Bugbear back was turned:  ;)

PICS

Anybody tweaking and testing the stock skins files might come across this too. ;)

This "skin" work online too, but only you will see it, not the other players, they will see the stock skin their game loads for them. ( anybody know about ghost skins from Flatout 1 and 2? hint, hint )

The reason for that is that color is our "missing texture" color to clearly indicate if something doesn't have a working texture. :) So that's why you only see it locally since the texture is missing from your build only if you go messing around with the files.

conso1727

If I recall correctly, on some angles it can also be seen that the driver has a pink foot. I'm not sure though

Tero

If I recall correctly, on some angles it can also be seen that the driver has a pink foot. I'm not sure though

You are correct. The driver is missing a texture from his other shoe. :P