Author Topic: Modding  (Read 36171 times)

Frisker

Found one topic with search(could be more, sorry, gotta type this before I forget it, and I gotta goto sleep soon :D)

Has anyone found any ways of modding the current version? I'd love to test some funny stuff in single player.
Also, Bugbear, you got any idea of when you're starting to add mod support? I love different mods as they give so much more playstyles(Take a look at GTA San Andreas or GTA IV mods - there's huge load of gamechanging mods there!)

Of course I understand that there's a lot of more stuff in the list right now, and also it has to be made combatible with multiplayer aswell - it ain't fair if everyone doesn't have the same version! Perhaps make mod free servers, where it prevents you from connecting there, and also modded servers, which allows certain- or all mods in them.
Perhaps make a similar system to Counter Strike(Atleast 1.6 and Source use this, dunno about GO), where the server has mods installed, and whenever you connect to it, Steam downloads the mods automatically. When you go to different server, the mods don't apply - you use either the vanilla game, or the other server's mods. It's pretty great actually.(Except when the CS server has 1000 sound mods and shizzle in it it takes forever to download them :D)

And of course in single player there would be no restrictions.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Tero

Also, Bugbear, you got any idea of when you're starting to add mod support?

This is by no means any official info (I do not know it) but we've taken steps towards it, but most likely we will concentrate on it more fully after the main game is done. This might change obviously, but we'll let you know if it's happening sooner.

citizenerased

A few things I've found:

Paint colours. within data/property/cars/paint there are vhcp files, open these with a hexeditor. Still need to work it out really but I edited "earlyacc_yellow"

Theres a lot more to change in the files but basically those 3 values are good enough to play around with, the values are BGR not RGB.
It's difficult to see what those other values change as the difference may be only slight, like specular sharpness or somethin, and some are intensity as I think the cars can have 3 or 4 layers of colour in them, theres also a fresnel value to control how you see the colour shifts based on the angle, I think, I may be wrong. Changing a lot of these hex values can crash the game.

Garage Derby.
Copy the garage files from art/levels/garageset/garage1 into art/levels/gameplayset/derby2 and rename the garage files as derby2.scne, derby2_ai1.scne and derby2_ai2.scne. This replaces the small derby as th garage map so you can drive around with upto 11 ai cars, although you all spawn into the same spot. It's empty behind the garage and theres no collision for it (as it should be!) so ai tends to fall off the map quickly.

I'm still digging around :D
Specs: i7-4970k @ 4.6Ghz |  STRIX OC 1080Ti  |  32GB RAM  | Win10x64

Frisker

That garage thing is awesome :D

This is by no means any official info (I do not know it) but we've taken steps towards it, but most likely we will concentrate on it more fully after the main game is done. This might change obviously, but we'll let you know if it's happening sooner.

Maybe that's the best. But I just can't wait for it!

Well I'm off to work... thanks for the reply and keep up the good work! Also let's race tonight again, I still want rematch on Sandpit from that one race..(than f-king last turn which i messed up and you won by second..)

edit. did I screw up or why did I have to edit 3 times to get my post to show up properly? ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:40:04 AM by Frisker »

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Mazay

Some experimenting with replacing objects in data\art\objects
Replace prop_barrier3a.scne and prop_barrier3b.scne with prop_tirepile1.scne
Replace prop_portable_fence.scne with prop_tirepile1.scne to be able to freely drive out of area.  Or replace prop_derby_entrance.scne with prop_car_truck.scne to block way out

This will also remove fences from figure 8 rendering it quite unplayable so remember to make backup !

If you host server, others will still see walls but can drive through. If you play online you will hit in the invisible walls.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:09:46 PM by Mazay »

Frisker

Wow, that's awesome! Gotta try it today. I guess the driving is unaffected though? The cars still handle like they were on asphalt, or is it like in Mudpit?

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Mazay

Thanks! Not other thing should be affected but fences disappear.

Mod for mudpit:
replace prop_derby_gate01.scne with prop_tirepile1.scne to drive in endless lands:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:12:59 PM by Mazay »

conso1727

That's cool. Gotta try it out someday

sam223

Car textures are made of 2 alpha textures + 2 bump maps.Clean and damaged. There are also multiple textures for each chassis shared between all skin styles. Windows (clean and damaged),interior,undercarriage,dash,lights (clean and smashed),grill,steering wheel,engine etc. You can remove the windows by replacing both types with a transparent texture,you can also remove the lights,mesh behind grill,badges this way.

Unfortunately still no way to save bmaps,that i know off.But you can replace with umod for now.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:37:48 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Heddly

Car textures are made of 2 alpha textures + 2 bump maps.Clean and damaged. There are also multiple textures for each chassis shared between all skin styles. Windows (clean and damaged),interior,undercarriage,dash,lights (clean and smashed),grill,steering wheel,engine etc. You can remove the windows by replacing both types with a transparent texture,you can also remove the lights,mesh behind grill,badges this way.

Unfortunately still no way to save bmaps,that i know off.But you can replace with umod for now.

I am curious, how do you open a bmap ? I have Photoshop cs4. What type of program did you use?

sam223

Extracted from game as .png using umod
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Jaycee

Does umod allow you to update the files and put them back in?
In game name / SteamID : Happyshopper

sam223

Does umod allow you to update the files and put them back in?
Yes,but it has to be updated each time the game is loaded.Umod has to be running to see updated textures.However you can setup prefabs.So boot umod+game and it auto replaces whatever you specify.

Heres the sedan with windows set as a blank transparent image and all decal styles (1-5) merged onto 1 alpha

And heres the sedan with windows plus most of the interior textures set as blank transparent.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:35:35 PM by sam223 »

sam223

Tero

sam223, these are wickedly cool!