Author Topic: 4x4 cars and long suspension travel off road cars?  (Read 5160 times)

21trial21

I would love to see some cars in wreckfest that can cope with bumps and jumps better, maybe have them use lower powered engines but because of their handling you would be able to use that power better on rough parts of the track.
4 wheel drive cars would also be really fun as usually when you start drifting slightly in a corner its hard to get out of it with decent speed. Four wheel drive cars would be able to pull out of the corner without having to let off the throttle so much.
what do you guys think? :D ;)

Lari Fari

I was actually hoping for 4WD and FWD cars to be implemented. Just to have more variety. And wha not add a 4th even higher suspension? ;)

But 4WD cars might be overpowered for the reasons you described. Just artificially making them slower by giving them slower engines wouldn't do it for me.

The total number of tracks and cars doesn't leave room for offroad races with offroad cars competing in their own class. But I think the physics of the game would be awesome for offroad racing, so I do hope there will a DLC or mod for it :)
Gaming Since 1989

dbs213

IMO, I don't need 4WD cars for vanilla content. I guess a mod would suit it more.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

21trial21

I was actually hoping for 4WD and FWD cars to be implemented. Just to have more variety. And wha not add a 4th even higher suspension? ;)

But 4WD cars might be overpowered for the reasons you described. Just artificially making them slower by giving them slower engines wouldn't do it for me.

I have to agree that just making them use smaller engines would be a bit of a cheap shot, but I didn't know what else to put haha. I suppose that proves they might be a bit unbalanced :(.
i still would like a car that didn't go crazy after hitting a small bum though :D 

buddy8848

I want the miniature suv really cars to be added. Like I drive a Ford bronco 2, and it would make a great fit into this game.

LUNITIC_WILL

if i can get a bronco lookalike and/or a truck, i'll be happy
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Azhurel

One Blazer,Bronco or Pickup 4x4 wouldn't be bad. Plus, the Bronco(Blaster 4x4) wasn't that overpowered, was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"All this fanboying over one manufacturer needs to stop. There are beautiful cars from every manufacturer, so limiting your self to one is equally as ignorant as only liking one race of people."
1957 Chevy Bel-air and 1957 Cameo For Wreckfest!!

LUNITIC_WILL

One Blazer,Bronco or Pickup 4x4 wouldn't be bad. Plus, the Bronco(Blaster 4x4) wasn't that overpowered, was it?

when i came to shoving things outta the way, it was OP but as for racing, you had to try to finish first
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Azhurel

when i came to shoving things outta the way, it was OP but as for racing, you had to try to finish first
Even in derbies, the trucks and SUVs were not that hard to kill.
"All this fanboying over one manufacturer needs to stop. There are beautiful cars from every manufacturer, so limiting your self to one is equally as ignorant as only liking one race of people."

Mopower

In derbies with no nitro, the trucks were very hard to kill due to 4wd

Azhurel

In derbies with no nitro, the trucks were very hard to kill due to 4wd
Maybe  it's different in FlatOut UC. Because with the car Malice, I'd wreck the truck and SUV with ease.

Azhurel

But if they are overpowered then maybe they could have their own class so you would only race against Trucks, SUVs and Vans. So you wouldn't have to worry about them in a derby.

Frisker

I'd love 4WD cars. Only that they might be bit overpowered since they have more control, but why not make the possibility to restrict the usage. Similar to "American Cars only", you could tick a box with "no 4WD cars allowed".

But FWD cars are a must.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Azhurel

I'd love 4WD cars. Only that they might be bit overpowered since they have more control, but why not make the possibility to restrict the usage. Similar to "American Cars only", you could tick a box with "no 4WD cars allowed".

But FWD cars are a must.
Maybe you can chose to separate cars from Trucks SUVs and Vans, so everything is balanced.