Author Topic: Hot Fix Update 2014-23-10  (Read 8797 times)

suckiden

even if there is no update before Christmas it would be nice if you could give us a frequently look behind the curtain or some new WIP snapshots. Because I understand that coding can be a two steps forward on step back but I am sure your Artist team still makes continuous progress. Am I right?  ;)

szutyi93

Yesterday finally after the last hotfix i can host again.    Today i cant WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbs213

I'm okay with small fixes, should be enough to last through these few more months before 2015.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

szutyi93

Thanks for the 4mb update but the ban function is a little bit useless if you CANT HOST!!   :((((

Jori Virtanen

We released a new hotfix yesterday that should improve performance in high player count races.
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

Lari Fari

ANd it did!! Thanks! Best experience playing the game since some hotfixes ago! :)
Gaming Since 1989

dgrams2003

One thing that does make me wonder, is that you said builds will come more frequetly after build 6. Has anything changed in your plans, or did you just mean there will be more patches?

I did mean updates, which has indeed happened. Six hotfixes since Build #6 and the seventh is well on its way :)
Bigger builds, naturally, take a lot longer to mature, as you can't pull major features in a space of a few weeks. We're unsure whether or not we can make a Build #7 before Christmas or will we just do bug fixing so that the current build is as smooth as it can be. The holidays are just perfect for multiplaying, so pushing patches out so that it's as little broken as an early access game at this stage can be would make sense. On the other hand,... new stuff! New stuff is cool! :)

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Any chance we could get one of your nice 'weekly updates' with the current things that are being worked on?  You don't have to mention any dates, as we all know where that goes - but what kind of items are you looking into for build #7?   Would be nice to go back to the weekly updates.  Gives us something to look forward to every week, whether it is a step forward or a step back.
PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

MSPORTBMW

One thing that does make me wonder, is that you said builds will come more frequetly after build 6. Has anything changed in your plans, or did you just mean there will be more patches?

I did mean updates, which has indeed happened. Six hotfixes since Build #6 and the seventh is well on its way :)
Bigger builds, naturally, take a lot longer to mature, as you can't pull major features in a space of a few weeks. We're unsure whether or not we can make a Build #7 before Christmas or will we just do bug fixing so that the current build is as smooth as it can be. The holidays are just perfect for multiplaying, so pushing patches out so that it's as little broken as an early access game at this stage can be would make sense. On the other hand,... new stuff! New stuff is cool! :)

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Any chance we could get one of your nice 'weekly updates' with the current things that are being worked on?  You don't have to mention any dates, as we all know where that goes - but what kind of items are you looking into for build #7?   Would be nice to go back to the weekly updates.  Gives us something to look forward to every week, whether it is a step forward or a step back.

Yes i agree with dgrams....As i dont think many will start shouting for update#7 as we now have online multiplayer, which is what most people wanted....and by the way, its FANTASIC !!!!

Asido

I have problems with the sound, hear the sounds of rivals when their cars are not around. And when wesee the smoke from the wheels and gravel?) Tnx 4 g alfa)